Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 10, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #60,436 of 151,538
Jason and Mike remind me of a person I used to communicate with, Paul Klipsch....

Pauls famous word was "Bullshiit" often used at the proponents of sealed acoustic loudspeakers....

Mike M reminds me of this radical upstart who made the folded corner loaded horn a legend..

Schiit has a following that is loyal as Klipschs was way back when....

All is good in the HP world!

:>)

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #60,437 of 151,538
I have one that's about the same age (right above #300) ... however, last night when I turned it on, there was a popping noise and it turned off. Have you ever encountered this issue? Still waiting on a response from Schiit, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced something similar on one of the older models. So bummed, as I don't even use the amp that often.

Wonder if my Lyr (serial # just <300) was assembled by the charming and gracious Rina - would like to think so. Have bought and sold a fair amount of Schiit over the years. The Lyr stays, both for sheer enjoyableness and because it was my introduction to a great company run by cool people. If you have the chance to speak with Jason or Mike, do so. Your time will not be wasted. Congrats to Schiit for surviving and thriving while staying true to their somewhat gimlet-eyed vision. But, damn, do these anniversaries make me feel old.

Jun 10, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #60,439 of 151,538
Wonder if my Lyr (serial # just <300) was assembled by the charming and gracious Rina - would like to think so. Have bought and sold a fair amount of Schiit over the years. The Lyr stays, both for sheer enjoyableness and because it was my introduction to a great company run by cool people. If you have the chance to speak with Jason or Mike, do so. Your time will not be wasted. Congrats to Schiit for surviving and thriving while staying true to their somewhat gimlet-eyed vision. But, damn, do these anniversaries make me feel old.

Final assembly most likely done by Eddie. Could have been me, could have been Rina, but that was one of the first batch from the PCB assembly house. Almost certainly tested by me. Maybe Tony. In any case, it's very early.

I have one that's about the same age (right above #300) ... however, last night when I turned it on, there was a popping noise and it turned off. Have you ever encountered this issue? Still waiting on a response from Schiit, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced something similar on one of the older models. So bummed, as I don't even use the amp that often.

Contact us. We still fix original Lyrs, no problem!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 10, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #60,440 of 151,538
Wow! Wasn't expecting a response from you, Jason! Thank you for that.
And yes, I sent an email and submitted a request via your online form earlier today.
The sad thing is that I JUST got my Modius in yesterday, and the problem happened when I fired them up for a listen. Guess I'll need to be a bit more patient.

Anyway, love your company and products!

Contact us. We still fix original Lyrs, no problem!

Jun 10, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #60,443 of 151,538
2020, Chapter 10
....{{{snip}}}}....Allowing Denise to launch her beloved Schiit Schwag…well, soon. We really need to remember what we are all about—and that’s making fun, affordable audio products. We were supposed to launch Schwag this week, but it’ll be a bit longer, because we would rather ship you equipment than t-shirts and socks and toilet paper.
.....{{{snip; Re: what Schiit Audio will keep doing}}}}}.......No change in focus on paying our employees very well and treating them right......{{{snip}}}}......
+1 for the marketing-swag after gear back-orders are satisfied. If I was unhinged enough to walk into my classroom with such a T-shirt... my applied science kids would whoop with joy... and my principal would palm her forehead...and have me see her for another meeting. :ksc75smile:
+1 for respecting your crews that are 'on the line'. Resilient, highly-trained and compensated technicians. I'll do my part by sending (the proverbial) you my best high school graduates. :flag_ca:

Jun 10, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #60,444 of 151,538
Congrats, Jason and Mike and all those at Schiit who make listening to music such a joy.

I will raise a shot of bourbon tonight to join in the 10 year celebration and to 10 more amazing years.

Jun 10, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #60,445 of 151,538
Love the curtains.
Blame those on Rina. You should see the masks she makes. She has waaaaaaayyyyyy toooooooo much vintage fabric.

Last edited:

Jun 10, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #60,446 of 151,538
+1 for the marketing-swag after gear back-orders are satisfied. If I was unhinged enough to walk into my classroom with such a T-shirt... my applied science kids would whoop with joy... and my principal would palm her forehead...and have me see her for another meeting. :ksc75smile:
+1 for respecting your crews that are 'on the line'. Resilient, highly-trained and compensated technicians. I'll do my part by sending (the proverbial) you my best high school graduates. :flag_ca:

I believe "Schiit Happened" is unusually appropriate this year....argh.

Thank you for sending us graduates! Or, in the meantime, interns. We're pretty busy around here. And yes of course we pay interns, we are not monsters.

And yeah, the delay on the Schwag is mainly due to us experimenting technical differences. As in, we need to have you be able to order on the same site as you're ordering products...but have the Schwag fulfilled by the marketing team, rather than orders (I insisted on this.). Also useful if we start shipping from 2-3 locations, so it's something we have to do anyway. It appears to be working, so give us a few days to test, and then Schwag should be online. I hope. Sometimes the simplest online stuff seems like it's as hard as curing the common cold.

Last edited:

Jun 10, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #60,449 of 151,538
There must be a few easter eggs about upcoming products in these new photos. :spy:

in the pic of the current day facilities, behind Mike who is seated, there are some green PCB's in a tray that are about the size of Asgard / Jotunheim. aren't all the production boards in red soldermask? maybe its nothing...

(added)
thought it may be have a really old pic, but there is a black yggy on the shelf, so its more recent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back