Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 29, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #59,686 of 150,757
Would you believe that Fanny is an actual girl’s name in Sweden? It is. :upside_down: I won’t even start on the complications that would arise on a day out in London, New York, or just about any English speaking country...
Fanny is a girls name in England too. That's of course the whole point.
It's like the name Dick.

May 29, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #59,687 of 150,757
Bob’s your uncle, Fanny’s your aunt...

I''ll get my coat! :deadhorse:

May 29, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #59,689 of 150,757
Would you believe that Fanny is an actual girl’s name in Sweden? It is. :upside_down: I won’t even start on the complications that would arise on a day out in London, New York, or just about any English speaking country...

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #59,693 of 150,757
May 29, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #59,694 of 150,757
May 29, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #59,695 of 150,757
Well, undoubtedly Oreos are produced in more than one facility in the US, and it's possible that there will be subtle differences between facilities, as well as between batches in a single facility. But likely the only ones who could detect those flavor differences would be like the people who can claim to detect audio differences between various interconnects with different colored jacket material and the like...

Yeah, for sure. That's just dumb. We all know green sounds best despite some (obviously) flawed A/B tests where purple was mistakenly thought to be better. :)

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #59,696 of 150,757
Yeah, for sure. That's just dumb. We all know green sounds best despite some (obviously) flawed A/B tests where purple was mistakenly thought to be better. :)

green jacketed wire definitely sounds better than purple, especially when the wire only is available in black, red, yellow, green, or blue.

many years ago, there was a fad to put a green marker along the edges of CD's to make them sound better. some company sold these "special CD marker pens" for a premium, probably just re-branded some $0.99 ones for 20x markup.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #59,697 of 150,757
LOL! Have you ever seen a kid** with matched socks? Me either. :)
Many years ago when I did my yearly sock inventory I noticed I was accumulating a lot of single, orphaned socks. I embarked on a plan. I bought 10 pairs of exactly the same black socks. Unfortunately, some get worn more than others due to being in the back of the sock drawer or separated from a 'partner' or spending a month behind the sofa. At my next sock inventory I found I no longer had 20 black socks that were exactly the some. Instead I had 17 ex-black socks all faded to a different shade.
I never solved that problem but the late great Erma Bombeck*, a US based comedienne and at times housewife, solved my mystery of the missing socks. According to her, socks are larval forms of coat hangers. That solves the missing sock mystery, and for free, explains where all those coat hangers in the closet came from.

*Next time you are feeling down, Google her name and look for quotes.

==
** On kids
12 "Kids should be the only privileged class."
From 20 [Juan] Peronista Tenets

"... the aim of all adults should be to rediscover the seriousness of children at play."
Nietzsche

May 30, 2020 at 2:14 AM Post #59,699 of 150,757
The audio journey we are on is pretty amazing. We discover new music with online streaming, a recommendation from a friend, reviews from numerous sources, or the occasional bin search when we can back to that. The new discoveries are sometimes mind-blowing. Both from a musical standpoint, and from a sudden awareness level.

This also applies to the music we already know – or think we know. A different evening, a different attitude, a different playlist, a different streaming quality, a different “filter on”, or in combination with a change in the system.

While we are all patiently waiting for the next big Schiit announcement, rejoice in what we have to enjoy the pursuit of excellence. And I say excellence, as the pursuit of perfection is certainly not achievable. But we can sure try! Have a safe weekend everyone. I’m looking forward to your next discovery…

Lately, I’m kind of hung-up on this 20 year old album.

May 30, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #59,700 of 150,757
I read somewhere, sometime, that Budweiser has a brew-master-type person in each brewery whose job it is to make sure each batch "tastes like" Budweiser.

Budweiser has a taste?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back