Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 29, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #59,671 of 145,761
That wasn't a fair, just a store that i finally remember the name, Charlie Brown Farms.
For the ones interested in try fried Oreos, Snickers and Twinkies, here is the address! :D

8317 Pearblossom Highway
Littlerock, CA 93543

https://goo.gl/maps/zSFY5hNW7U168e5Y7

https://charliebrownfarms.com

CBF_001.jpg

May 29, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #59,672 of 145,761
Hey, just occurred to me, will Loki Maxi have Unison in/out?

I see this question only now and I don't know if anyone else already answered it, but I expect any kind of bigger Loki to have only RCA or Balanced in/out. Unison = USB = Digital audio stream. If a Loki would work on the digital audio stream it would be a DAC.
The Gadget might have digital inputs / outputs since it's a digital audio processor, and so it might have Unison. (Actually, it's quite likely that it will, given how Schiit loves Unison USB).

May 29, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #59,673 of 145,761
OMG what will the difference in future Schiit products be depending om the origine being Utah or California?

Let's do some ABX testing. Perhaps we'll conclude the California-built products optimize recordings by the Hollywood Undead, while their Utah counterparts sound best playing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir?

May 29, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #59,675 of 145,761
OMG what will the difference in future Schiit products be depending om the origine being Utah or California?
The ones from Utah will have a higher altitude sound to them.

May 29, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #59,676 of 145,761
I see this question only now and I don't know if anyone else already answered it, but I expect any kind of bigger Loki to have only RCA or Balanced in/out. Unison = USB = Digital audio stream. If a Loki would work on the digital audio stream it would be a DAC.
The Gadget might have digital inputs / outputs since it's a digital audio processor, and so it might have Unison. (Actually, it's quite likely that it will, given how Schiit loves Unison USB).
I can imagine a Loki+ with balanced in and out and SE in and out, on-board transformer. Up front, it would have the same four bands, or maybe at most one or two more, possibly a balanced/SE mode selector switch. Aesthetically, I'd love to see this in the freya/gunginir form factor, but I can see how it could all be made to fit at the Saga/Bifrost scale, especially looking at the back of the Bifrost 2:
Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 10.46.14 AM.png

May 29, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #59,677 of 145,761
I wouldn't know. I avoid sugary packaged products. I enjoy sugary pastries made by small local bakeries. But, in the 1960's up to the decline of vinyl records there were noticeable differences between an LP made in one pressing plant and the same LP made in another plant. If a record company was selling a million sales or higher of a record, they were manufactured in multiple plants around the country.
(See how I steered this back to music?)
Recommended reading, both the book and the review:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2254985/

There was noticeable differences between LP’s pressed in the same plant depending on how long it was since they changed the press dies and how much vinyl they were using at that specific time.

May 29, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #59,678 of 145,761
Thanks all.
Now @CAPT Deadpool : I never saw or ate an Oreo but in English a cookie is soft while a biscuit is crisp.
So I gather an Oreo is soft?
We have stroopwafels here. Very very nice.

Should curiosity arise at any point, you'll find several flavours of Oreo at the Albert Heijn

May 29, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #59,679 of 145,761
Should curiosity arise at any point, you'll find several flavours of Oreo at the Albert Heijn
As an American who strives to eat healthy, I cannot recommend you try them. :wink:

May 29, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #59,680 of 145,761
There was noticeable differences between LP’s pressed in the same plant depending on how long it was since they changed the press dies and how much vinyl they were using at that specific time.

And how much recycled vinyl was in the mix. Hence the emphasis on "virgin" vinyl being used for certain LPs.

May 29, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #59,681 of 145,761
The Cello EQ yeah.
I had a friend who had it and lost it while moving from one house to another and didn't notice because his new wife didn't approve of HiFi.
What is wrong with people.
How could he ever marry someone like that.

That is an expensive loss.

That works for most music except for Classical. Some classical records and CDs will have pieces from several different composers. You can file it under the conductor, which tends to but not always only have one conductor per record. But some soloists are so BIG you want to file them under their name. Big name vocalists are even more identifiable that instrument players.
My haphazard ordering system kinda separates rock, jazz, classical, peculiar, strange, weird, really weird... and within that I use my memory of where that CD is.
It is a great technique for throwing a lot of randomness into my hunt for Monitor's one and only LP/CD.
I wonder if anybody has ever really solved the Classical Music sorting situation?

One reason I shun classical music. :)

Should count double if you had them on both feet.

JC

...and, did your car have a balanced output stage, or was it single-ended?

I have a question for my USA friends.
Some stoopid Dutchman sitting next to me at the moment is bragging to his friends about his stay in the US.
He just told the story that Oreos (a sort of biscuit) tastes different in every state because they are made in different factories.
And I sort of told him he was a moron in the kind, respectful and easy way you all know from me.
Please help.

I agree with those who have said Oreos taste the same from one coast to the other. American food companies spend a lot of effort to make their food taste the same where ever it is made and eaten. It just wouldn't do if an Oreo tasted like an Oreo in Connecticut, but tasted like a Chips Ahoy cookie (biscuit) in Nevada. I think I read somewhere, sometime, that Budweiser has a brew-master-type person in each brewery whose job it is to make sure each batch "tastes like" Budweiser.

One thing about mass US consumerism is they know how to make a uniform product. That said, there has been an incredible proliferation of variations of Oreos, which is evil and must stop:
https://www.snackworks.com/search/product-results?searchText=Oreo&page=1&searchType=Product

For me: no "golden" Oreos and no Oreo Thins. I used to like the double stuff, but now they are "too much of a good thing". I like the original Oreo, the chocolate and mint Oreos. The lemon Oreos are a waste of an opportunity (though I don't know what fake chocolate and fake lemon would be like together).

I want Sunshine to come back and start making Lemon Coolers again.

I have a friend from Arkansas who always said he was from "LA" which to him meant "Lower Arkansas". My dad lives in Arkansas and no, freshly fried Oreos aren't common in Louisiana or Arkansas.

Some state's State Fairs, however, have been know to fry everything under the sun. Especially the Texas State Fair.

That is a phenomenon in Alabama, too: LA stands for Lower Alabama. Yes, you can get all kinds of morphodite foods at the Texas State Fair. There is an annual contest for the best new foods.
https://bigtex.com/plan-your-visit/food/big-tex-choice-awards/

Let's do some ABX testing. Perhaps we'll conclude the California-built products optimize recordings by the Hollywood Undead, while their Utah counterparts sound best playing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir?

The test will have to be held in Nevada: neutral ground. No home field advantage for either side.

The ones from Utah will have a higher altitude sound to them.

Does that mean more "air" in the treble?

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #59,682 of 145,761
Whatever you do, never tell an English woman, even jokingly, that if she doesn't behave you'll smack her on the fanny. Never.

Would you believe that Fanny is an actual girl’s name in Sweden? It is. :upside_down: I won’t even start on the complications that would arise on a day out in London, New York, or just about any English speaking country...

May 29, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #59,684 of 145,761
May 29, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #59,685 of 145,761
Would you believe that Fanny is an actual girl’s name in Sweden? It is. :upside_down: I won’t even start on the complications that would arise on a day out in London, New York, or just about any English speaking country...

Fanny is a female name in the US, too (much to the amusement of Brits).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back