Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 28, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #59,641 of 149,305
Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #59,643 of 149,305
Thanks all.
Now @CAPT Deadpool : I never saw or ate an Oreo but in English a cookie is soft while a biscuit is crisp.
So I gather an Oreo is soft?
We have stroopwafels here. Very very nice.

No, they are crisp. Two crisp chocolate wafers with a white creme in the center.

May 28, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #59,644 of 149,305
Thanks all.
Now @CAPT Deadpool : I never saw or ate an Oreo but in English a cookie is soft while a biscuit is crisp.
So I gather an Oreo is soft?

In America, both cookies and biscuits can be either soft or crisp (or both). Even cookies of a certain type -- chocolate chip cookies, for instance -- can vary: some are baked crisp, others are baked soft. Horses for courses. Crackers and toasts are always crisp (or should be).

Oreos are crisp on the outside (the biscuit/cookie part) and soft on the inside (the filling). Not unlike at least a couple of significant others I've known.

May 28, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #59,645 of 149,305
I have a question for my USA friends.
Some stoopid Dutchman sitting next to me at the moment is bragging to his friends about his stay in the US.
He just told the story that Oreos (a sort of biscuit) tastes different in every state because they are made in different factories.
And I sort of told him he was a moron in the kind, respectful and easy way you all know from me.
Please help.
They all taste the same, if they taste like anything at all.

May 28, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #59,646 of 149,305
But likely the only ones who could detect those flavor differences would be like the people who can claim to detect audio differences between various interconnects with different colored jacket material and the like...

So it's pretty obvious, then.

ed

May 28, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #59,647 of 149,305
In America, both cookies and biscuits can be either soft or crisp (or both). Even cookies of a certain type -- chocolate chip cookies, for instance -- can vary: some are baked crisp, others are baked soft. Horses for courses. Crackers and toasts are always crisp (or should be).

Oreos are crisp on the outside (the biscuit/cookie part) and soft on the inside (the filling). Not unlike at least a couple of significant others I've known.
Can you imagine how difficult and confusing this must be for us in Europe?

May 28, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #59,648 of 149,305
Well, undoubtedly Oreos are produced in more than one facility in the US, and it's possible that there will be subtle differences between facilities, as well as between batches in a single facility. But likely the only ones who could detect those flavor differences would be like the people who can claim to detect audio differences between various interconnects with different colored jacket material and the like...

I once read test results of an interconnect test in the 70’s that was intended to show you could not trust “sighted” tests. They had two types of interconnects, green and blue. They allowed the Testers to switch between the two for as long and as often as they wanted. Well over 60% (I do not remember the exact number) chose the blue cables. The cables were the same other than the colour of the insulation.

This thread has already proven that purple interconnects sound the best.

May 28, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #59,649 of 149,305
I have a question for my USA friends.
Some stoopid Dutchman sitting next to me at the moment is bragging to his friends about his stay in the US.
He just told the story that Oreos (a sort of biscuit) tastes different in every state because they are made in different factories.
And I sort of told him he was a moron in the kind, respectful and easy way you all know from me.
Please help.
They all taste the same to me. Like sugared shortening

May 28, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #59,650 of 149,305
My favorite Oreos are the red velvet ones, the cookie is softer than normal and the frosting is a little less sweet. My choice for Oreos.
1590698644075.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back