Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 15, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #59,163 of 150,619
Which doesn't need UV-C mind you.

Apart from Primaluna and Dutch & Dutch I have no knowledge of a Dutch hifi brand and that while Primaluna is made in China all the way.
In Italy however that's another story.

Siltech and Crystal Cable. Not only cables these days, but also speakers and amplification.

Grimm Audio.

From the same company that makes Primaluna you also have Kiseki phono cartridges.

Talking about cartridges, Van Den Hul (also a phono preamplifier, and cables).

Hypex (supplier of Class D amplification modules to many established brands).

Mola Mola (ok, owner Bruno Putzeys (also owner of Hypex) is a Belgian, but both companies are Dutch).

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #59,164 of 150,619
Isn`t Metrum accoustics also based in Eindhoven? sBooster is Dutch for sure but you can`t call it an hifi-brand I guess.
philips, hypex, van medevoort, hepta, piedpiper, vandenhul, siltech, crystal cable, Berghe Noble Sound to name a few

May 15, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #59,165 of 150,619
RE: At home and listening enjoyment.
I'm able to get a lot more quality listening time in by working from home and this is for a very specific reason; less hearing fatigue by not going to the office.

Your ear is a muscle and it can get fatigued. Between the noise of driving into work, noisy office environment, people "discussing" things with me at volumes I cannot control, the drive home, etc. etc. Generally, my ear holes are exhausted and I'm physically unable to do any critical listening during the work week. Now that I can, mostly, control my environment at home I get many more days during the week where I've got the energy to sit down and do some real critical listening.

May 15, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #59,166 of 150,619
I find listening to music all day, even everyday, just dulls my sensitivity to the listening experience diminishing my enjoyment and desire to really involve myself mentally. It's like I'm constantly riding an elevator and my brain just tunes it out. The music just becomes a background noise that doesn't hold my interest. I could never walk around all day everywhere I go with ear buds or headphones on, or have music playing at any level of fidelity droning on in the background. But that's just me.

You probably just need a better amp.

:) :) :)

May 15, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #59,167 of 150,619
Siltech and Crystal Cable. Not only cables these days, but also speakers and amplification.

Grimm Audio.

From the same company that makes Primaluna you also have Kiseki phono cartridges.

Talking about cartridges, Van Den Hul (also a phono preamplifier, and cables).

Hypex (supplier of Class D amplification modules to many established brands).

Mola Mola (ok, owner Bruno Putzeys (also owner of Hypex) is a Belgian, but both companies are Dutch).
philips, hypex, van medevoort, hepta, piedpiper, vandenhul, siltech, crystal cable, Berghe Noble Sound to name a few
You guys are good.

May 15, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #59,168 of 150,619
Your ear is a muscle and it can get fatigued
Not to put a too fine point on it but of the many, many parts that make the ear just two tiny parts in the middle ear are muscles.
But your right about the fatigue thing. Mostly. Sort of.

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #59,170 of 150,619
Such restraint! "...a better TUBE amp"...Yes?

LOL! It was kind of an inside joke, but for the greater good you're spot on. :) :)

May 15, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #59,171 of 150,619
Not to put a too fine point on it but of the many, many parts that make the ear just two tiny parts in the middle ear are muscles.
But your right about the fatigue thing. Mostly. Sort of.

Isn't "sort of" good enough for the internet? :wink:
Since you brought it up.. my understanding is that those two tiny parts attached to muscles are what allow us to hear low frequencies?

May 15, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #59,174 of 150,619
Cadillac peaches from Washington, being from CT I’ve no skin in this game but you wanna talk cigar wrappers........

I was wanting to get back to mayonnaise... :)

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #59,175 of 150,619
Palisade, Colorado. :sunglasses:

Eat A Peach

I'm not qualified to enter this debate. If it doesn't contain meat, I've probably never tried it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back