Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 15, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #59,146 of 150,599
For myself I'd say it's almost the opposite, when I'm tooling around and working audio quality is a pretty low priority, and when I'm doing something else I enjoy I can get lost in that task itself and not need any music. My latest hobby has been plants, I'm up to over 50 plants in about 6 months, Jasons thinks I'm crazy.

I live with a horticulturist, and our small apartment is filled with flowers and plants of all sorts. And more just keep coming up.

As for the lockdown, I've been really enjoying working from home and listening to music all day. This has been also a great time to explore more music, I've been reading up album reviews on magazines and trying out new stuff.
Our dog is very confused (and happy), though. I wonder how she'll adjust back to normal life after all of this is over, and us humans have to leave off to work during days.

May 15, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #59,147 of 150,599
I find listening to music all day, even everyday, just dulls my sensitivity to the listening experience diminishing my enjoyment and desire to really involve myself mentally. It's like I'm constantly riding an elevator and my brain just tunes it out. The music just becomes a background noise that doesn't hold my interest. I could never walk around all day everywhere I go with ear buds or headphones on, or have music playing at any level of fidelity droning on in the background. But that's just me.

May 15, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #59,148 of 150,599
David's getting a jump on the new Schiit medical marijuana endeavor -- 'Schiitfaced'. That UV thing was really intended for indoor growing -- it just also happens to Schanitize. :smirk:

May 15, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #59,149 of 150,599
Does anyone else think Audiophiles (or audio enthusiasts) are having an easier time with the stay at home orders? "Oh you mean I should stay at home and spend more time listening to music? And you say this is a safe and healthy option to reduce chance of catching a potentially deadly disease?"

Good hobby to have these days.

The stay at home orders have put a squeeze on my wallet. I've bought a fair amount of equipment since early March. Fortunately it's not affecting my income.

May 15, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #59,150 of 150,599
Of course it is!
I'm not a big bread (cake?) eater, but a properly made batch of cornbread can add a huge amount of enjoyment to a meal!

That's a frequent discussion in my house, too. I love vinegar based sauces, but my bride... not so much.

The bride, improperly, judges BBQ joints based on their sides and not on the quality of the meat.

I love her just the same.:hearts:

Yeah, it's all about the dead animal, the sides are just a bonus to me and if they aren't good, ohh well... I went to place here in MI that flat out RUINED a rack of ribs, but the sides were great. Went there again the next day (was right next to the hotel I was at) and ordered the prime rib and it was AMAZING...

May 15, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #59,151 of 150,599
Texas BBQ is made in China.

:)

Ah hates that rabbit! Honestly, I'm still laughing at this. Might be the first time Yosemite Sam beat Bugs Bunny.

Tennessee/Mississippi BBQ is the absolute best...

Now cut that out, Rochester! There's only room for two in this fight. Besides, TN/ MS BBQ is only liked by people who consider Starbucks products coffee instead of candy.

David's getting a jump on the new Schiit medical marijuana endeavor -- 'Schiitfaced'. That UV thing was really intended for indoor growing -- it just also happens to Schanitize. :smirk:
Funny, I was thinking the new side venture should be Schtoned.

May 15, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #59,152 of 150,599
Yeah, it's all about the dead animal, the sides are just a bonus to me and if they aren't good, ohh well... I went to place here in MI that flat out RUINED a rack of ribs, but the sides were great. Went there again the next day (was right next to the hotel I was at) and ordered the prime rib and it was AMAZING...
I guess that means they know how to butcher but not how to cook?

May 15, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #59,153 of 150,599
May 15, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #59,157 of 150,599
Off topic, and for this thread that's a bit of a reach, I have been researching ideas for a cheap Roon endpoint. I had my shopping cart loaded up with some Raspberry Pi bits and pieces when I realized I had an unused Apple Airport Express in the junk to-be-used-later pile which should work nicely.
2 minutes after plugging it in I had it set up as an Airplay endpoint. I know it's not audiophile or even hi-fi, but it does work nicely for casual listening in the living room. Happy!!

Sure it is.

It doesn't "do" 24/96 but that doesn't mean it's not audiophile, and it surely exceeds Hi-Fi. Apple's quality is high.

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #59,158 of 150,599
Well I bought a set of Dan Clark Aeon 2 Open headphones, 13 ohm planars and at first I did not like them...and was close to returning them. After 50 hours or so they changed and got much better to my liking....Focal Clears are my gold "tone" standard.

Went thru a Lyr 3, Jotenheim several other amps and then one day a week back or so I pulled out my really expensive Magni 3, the OLD one, not the new fancy new improved one like the 3+ or Hersey....and was floored how good these low impedance planars worked with this really exotic SS amp!!

Its the best combination with these cans than any of the other 10 + amps I have in house!!

Simply amazing how well using high gain with the original Magni 3 makes these planars come alive...sometimes the simple stuff works as good or better than the high price stuff...

Now I have to get a Magni 3+ or Asgard 3....something tells me the Asgard 3 with the Aeons will be superb!

Alex

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #59,159 of 150,599
May 15, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #59,160 of 150,599
My dad used to live in SW Colorado and in the summer would come home with a box or two of CO peaches. We weren't allowed to eat them inside, too juicy. They were probably Palisade peaches. Fond memories!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back