Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 9, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #54,496 of 153,272
These days you are probably right. It's all on servers... unlike in my day when we played vinyl on the air and a few of those new fangled CDs.
Amazing internet radio station I listen to is Radio Paradise. https://radioparadise.com/player. You can play different stream qualities all the way up to Flac.
You can choose four different Channels ( Main, Mellow, Rock, and Electic.). Its is funded by donations. They were out of Paradise Calif. until the fires. Fantastic playlist imho.

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #54,499 of 153,272
What can I say, I messed up, sigh. :triportsad: I had no idea it would disappear off the face of the earth so fast!! Hmm maybe @bcowen is hoarding some like he does tubes. :ksc75smile:

If you'd ever had my homemade blue cheese dressing, you'd be helping me hoard the cheese. :laughing:

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #54,500 of 153,272
ROFL! You covered all the bases with one picture.

So what's next for discussion? Audiophile fuses? :laughing:
If you start talking fuses I need to work on pretending not to know you. I hope I did not say that out loud.:smile_phones:

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #54,502 of 153,272
If you start talking fuses I need to work on pretending not to know you. I hope I did not say that out loud.:smile_phones:

Oh dear.

OK, since SOL was brought up, let's talk about the perfect complement for it. Apparently these just fly off the shelves and it's impossible to keep them in stock. :laughing::grin:

upload_2019-12-9_19-8-32.png

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #54,503 of 153,272
If you'd ever had my homemade blue cheese dressing, you'd be helping me hoard the cheese. :laughing:

Good plan, stick to food recipes, it is much safer than audio fuses and your autodidactic abilities might shine through.

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #54,504 of 153,272
Oh dear.

OK, since SOL was brought up, let's talk about the perfect complement for it. Apparently these just fly off the shelves and it's impossible to keep them in stock. :laughing::grin:

They only made one thinking no one would ever be crazy enough to buy it... Now they are probably scrambling to go into full production, only for them to have their bubble burst when I send it back on the last day of the free return policy...

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #54,505 of 153,272
Good plan, stick to food recipes, it is much safer than audio fuses and your autodidactic abilities might shine through.

You made me look up autodidactic. You win. For now. :hushed:

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #54,506 of 153,272
They only made one thinking no one would ever be crazy enough to buy it... Now they are probably scrambling to go into full production, only for them to have their bubble burst when I send it back on the last day of the free return policy...

I'm pretty sure there's a 25% restocking fee, but don't let that sway you. We'll all be jealous if you get one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #54,508 of 153,272
Man, that's a lot of mook!

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #54,509 of 153,272
Many (all?) FM stations play compressed, lossy music anyway, I think.

Absolutely not. From a pretty informed perspective I can say it's actually unusual to broadcast from compressed sources.

A couple decades ago, due to the cost of digital storage, MP-2 was pretty commonly used. But as storage costs came down there was a rush to replace those files with linear.

Ironically one of the pushes to get away from compressed storage came from the coming of the compressed net feeds and the desire to avoid layering compression, with its negative artifacts.

CJ

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #54,510 of 153,272
These days you are probably right. It's all on servers... unlike in my day when we played vinyl on the air and a few of those new fangled CDs.
My spouse does a jazz show for our local npr station and she uses nothing but vinyl and CDs! I love it. She has impeccable taste

Users who are viewing this thread

Back