Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 20, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #53,716 of 149,297
I will get back to cooking a headphone cable soon and return your cable cooker next week perhaps. I have a few other projects going on that will need my attention. Maybe another lamp to repair, one never knows.

Good. I have a new headphone cable to cook. Right now its raw. :relaxed:

Nov 20, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #53,717 of 149,297
That's maybe 2-3x my DVD stash. I had all of my discs stacked in my apartment living room until I came home one day to find them in a pile on the floor. I then rearranged my setup and moved them into the bedroom....where a few months later I found them on the floor again. This time from the neighbor banging into their side of the wall knocking them loose.

I'm not even going to ask what your neighbor was doing...

Nov 20, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #53,718 of 149,297
I'm not even going to ask what your neighbor was doing...
We tend to not ask questions that we don't want the answers to! :confounded:

Nov 20, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #53,719 of 149,297
That's why I always get 2 day FedEx shipping, even though paying for shipping from Cali to Florida from a merchant that isn't Amazon-sized is no joke. :astonished:

I hate paying for shipping. That's why I give Amazon $129 every year...so I can get free shipping. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nov 20, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #53,720 of 149,297
I hate paying for shipping. That's why I give Amazon $129 every year...so I can get free shipping. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh, I have Amazon Prime too. There's no avoiding it since brick and mortar stores fail to carry so many products now...

Nov 20, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #53,721 of 149,297
We tend to not ask questions that we don't want the answers to! :confounded:

My boss asks those kinds of questions every day. When he doesn't like the answers, I consider that a personality flaw that he should probably get some help with. :relaxed:

Nov 20, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #53,722 of 149,297
My boss asks those kinds of questions every day. When he doesn't like the answers, I consider that a personality flaw that he should probably get some help with. :relaxed:
I was telling mine that this morning when we were both waiting for the coffee to brew. And he reminded me likewise!

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #53,723 of 149,297
My 20-year-old North Star 192 transport died earlier this year. I replaced it with an Ultrarendu streaming player and I find I am not missing the spinner. When Schiit releases their drive I'll be certain to check it out, but I'm less hungry for it than I maybe once was.

Nov 20, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #53,724 of 149,297
Good. I have a new headphone cable to cook. Right now its raw. :relaxed:

How oh how do all these people get by without a cable cooker? lol I mean anyone who sells such miracle devices should have more money than Gates and Bezos put together, by now! :ksc75smile:

Oh yeah, lately I have helped a lot of people in California with various cables and tubes and such. Can someone send me a case of satsuma tangerines sometime? They really are not that easy to find here and I like them nearly as much as I like Balvenie scotch, if that tells you something.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #53,725 of 149,297
How oh how do all these people get by without a cable cooker?

I really have no idea. One of life's great mysteries, I guess. Maybe they do it the old fashioned way and just let the cable break in while it plays. Me? I'm way too impatient. In fact, I'm really annoyed at how long it's taking me to type this post...

:stuck_out_tongue:

Nov 20, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #53,726 of 149,297
I really have no idea. One of life's great mysteries, I guess. Maybe they do it the old fashioned way and just let the cable break in while it plays. Me? I'm way too impatient. In fact, I'm really annoyed at how long it's taking me to type this post...

:stuck_out_tongue:
Let me look through my wealth of cables, maybe I can find you some from 1973 that should really be broken in by now. Is it ok if they had Bob Dylan played through them a lot? Will they still work with Marilyn Manson and whatever disco grunge you are currently listening to?

I am trying some of the tubes you sent but this amp still needs a lot of work, I keep switching back to the Lyr with the 1963 Melz 1578 and it still blows the new amp out of the water. The sylvania 5670's truly help though

Oh yeah stop screwing around and try that 1963 tube yourself if you have not yet. Life is too short to not be enjoying that tube.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #53,727 of 149,297
Let me look through my wealth of cables, maybe I can find you some from 1973...

What did you need cables for in 1973? Did they have electrical stuff back then? :laughing:

I am trying some of the tubes you sent but this amp still needs a lot of work, I keep switching back to the Lyr with the 1963 Melz 1578 and it still blows the new amp out of the water.

You were expecting, um, what again? LOL!

Nov 20, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #53,728 of 149,297
What did you need cables for in 1973? Did they have electrical stuff back then? :laughing:

You were expecting, um, what again? LOL!

Well we had fewer magic cables but we were still battling pterodactyls and such so we had less time for pseudo science. I think we had stereo, does that count for anything?

I was expecting different tubes and better capacitors to help, and they did, hmmm new transformer, new resistors, better wire, this could work yet!

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #53,729 of 149,297
You guys are sooooooo late to the party. I've been doing exactly this for 20 years now. Haven't had any takers on the wife yet though...

Now if someone would just pontificate on which sounds and tastes better (purple or green), it would be a huge load off my shoulders. :smile:

Separately they taste rather meh, however when you mix them it's the Ghostbusters equivalent of crossing the streams except in a GOOD way!

Nov 20, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #53,730 of 149,297
I went home sick from work today and I don't even feel like listening to headphones. Sitting behind the computer is about the most I can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back