Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 29, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #52,621 of 150,874
I am currently driving a pair of the superlative little Audience Audio Clairaudient 1+1 V2+ monitors with the Ragnarok, (to great result)
I'm starting to look into speakers for a nearfield system that I'll be setting up. The Harbeth P3ESR seems like a good candidate and the ClairAudient 1+1 caught my attention. I'd like to ask about how the 1+1 performs at reproducing dynamics such as piano or full orchestra. I don't expect small speakers to be able to move a lot of air, but the 1+1 at only 8" high is tiny even for a mini-monitor. Are you going to have yours updated to V3?

Oct 29, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #52,624 of 150,874
Hey @Jason Stoddard in the coming days will there be the APx report for the Hel? Just to compare fulla3/hel and sate my curiosity :)

As an aside, will there be any point in using a "better" supply for Fulla? (as in, does it go into a switcher anyway)

cheers

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #52,627 of 150,874
Hi Jason....

Great description of the product. The website pictures and updates are nice as well.

I have a Vali 2 and Modi Multibit, but from our previous discussions, you know I really need the mic inputs. I'm wondering about using the preamp out feature of the Hel with the Vali 2. The Hel won't have the great Modi Multibit DAC, but I should have much better amplification and also stereo mic input. I just have to use the Hel's DAC to connect to my MacBook Pro. Please confirm this will work.

Best regards

marc
Congrats on the new stuff! For those already using the higher end Schiit products but want a proper mic input (i.e. no more relying on onboard audio), what options are available?

There is a preamp out on the Hel. I wonder if it would work with a Vali or Magni....

Oct 29, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #52,628 of 150,874
Wow, a lot of stuff Schiit has released since I last visited this thread. I’m disappointed they went with a 1/8” headphone out on the latest Fulla, I suppose a concession to it being targeted as a “gaming” DAC/amp, but now less desirable otherwise.

The Hel looks amazing for the price but still a bummer that it also has the dinky 1/8” output especially since given its power output it’s a legit non-gaming little DAC/amp.

Hel looks to me like a competitor to the Burson Play, which also has a mic input - but it has a nice, sturdy 1/4” headphone jack - like the old Fulla 2. Ah well! :)

Oct 29, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #52,629 of 150,874
Hi Jason....

Great description of the product. The website pictures and updates are nice as well.

I have a Vali 2 and Modi Multibit, but from our previous discussions, you know I really need the mic inputs. I'm wondering about using the preamp out feature of the Hel with the Vali 2. The Hel won't have the great Modi Multibit DAC, but I should have much better amplification and also stereo mic input. I just have to use the Hel's DAC to connect to my MacBook Pro. Please confirm this will work.

Best regards

marc

There is a preamp out on the Hel. I wonder if it would work with a Vali or Magni....

I was thinking something more like Jil (which I just realised was discontinued)

EDIT: And darn it, it was days ago when the Jil went out of stock for the last time

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #52,630 of 150,874
Wow, a lot of stuff Schiit has released since I last visited this thread. I’m disappointed they went with a 1/8” headphone out on the latest Fulla, I suppose a concession to it being targeted as a “gaming” DAC/amp, but now less desirable otherwise.

The Hel looks amazing for the price but still a bummer that it also has the dinky 1/8” output especially since given its power output it’s a legit non-gaming little DAC/amp.

Hel looks to me like a competitor to the Burson Play, which also has a mic input - but it has a nice, sturdy 1/4” headphone jack - like the old Fulla 2. Ah well! :)

You do know adapters exist, right?

Oct 29, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #52,634 of 150,874
Any internal pictures?

Alex

Probably later today.

Hey @Jason Stoddard in the coming days will there be the APx report for the Hel? Just to compare fulla3/hel and sate my curiosity :)

As an aside, will there be any point in using a "better" supply for Fulla? (as in, does it go into a switcher anyway)

cheers

APx555 report for Hel is up. I just forgot to link it.

Better supply? No. Everything goes into a switcher. I think I covered this in the FAQ.

Actually, Hel has a 1/4" headphone jack, and comes with an adapter for 1/8".

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    608 bytes · Views: 0
  • image.png
    image.png
    608 bytes · Views: 0
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 29, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #52,635 of 150,874
Hi Jason....

Best regards

marc

It'll work with the right cables (1/8" to dual RCA.)

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back