Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 24, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #51,256 of 149,312
To the Bifrost 2 owner who experiences random switching of the input while they are away at work (presumably during the daytime), what happens if you cover the IR sensor with opaque tape? could sunlight be hitting the IR sensor and causing a similar effect to those with the interference from non-Schitt remotes?

Sep 24, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #51,257 of 149,312
So today Constanza went to the hair salon.
Doesn't she look great for her 21 years?
She does. But it does appear she is plotting revenge for 21 years of salon trips.

Does she talk to you when you pick her up?

Sep 24, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #51,260 of 149,312
Sep 25, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #51,264 of 149,312
Sure, she looks great. She looks pissed off, too.

JC

Yeah, Pietro. I'll bet she is pissed. But, she will sleep better and thank you in the morning :)

With that look, I suggest that you leave her alone for the next few days---unless you want to awaken her wrath.

She does. But it does appear she is plotting revenge for 21 years of salon trips.

Does she talk to you when you pick her up?

It leaves her a bit snarky for a few hours.
Then, when she gets hungry, everything is forgiven and forgotten.

Sep 25, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #51,266 of 149,312
We have 2 dogs who are Extremely food motivated.
It's amazing to watch just how fast they respond to 'sit' when there is even the hint of food.
And ANYthing that happens prior to a food event is yesterdays news, especially if they were caught where they know they shouldn't be…

Of course the downside of being Extremely food motivated is the greater probability of TDF (The Drool Factor) turning on, like a faucet.
So much so that our big dog is referred to as 'drool me a river' or Mr SlobDog.
We have several microfibre 'mop up' rags scattered here and there to lower the probability of slipping and falling in the pool that forms (think wet banana on glass), which we call 'the slob'.
It begins to form while he is waiting for the food, which he just knows is meant for him, to reach his mouth.

And I'm convinced that there MUST be a commercial use for doggy slobber since it is not only slicker than sn•t, but antiseptic as well, so as it slides on, it cleans and kills germs, all at the same time.
Doesn't that make it a miracle product as seen on TV?

I smell a get rich scheme buried in there somewhere…
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaaa
JJ

Sep 25, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #51,267 of 149,312
Is 21 yrs a typical lifespan for her breed?
Oh no. Even 13 years tends to be extreme with Norse Forrest Cats.
Her spouse (Amadeus off course) died when he was just 10 years old.
She will be 21 in February next year.
She is eating double she did a few days ago and much more active.
Keeping her as well fed as possible is an ongoing struggle since my wife died.
Every kind of food she likes and a mountain of snacks are always on hand in abundance.

Sep 25, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #51,268 of 149,312
I apologize, I'd like to hijack the tread for few posts..no cats, no coffee. My speaker amp has failed,. it was an Adcom 555 Mk2. I've had it since 1990, but the quotes to fix are about 1000 dollars. My speakers are Legacy Signatures 3's. Their posted impedance.. sigh 4 ohms. The sensitivity is 93 Db. I'd like to buy Schitt amps (2) as a replacement to my Adcom. I don't think I listen loud, but not sure which of the 2 Shhitt amps are appropriate as a pair of monoblocks. I apologize for the hijacking..I don't drink coffee.

Baz

With that sensitivity the Aegirs fit the bill, but of course from what users have said they run hot enough to raise room temp a bit.

I have a couple of 555ii's, my personal opinion is this design still more than holds it's own in pretty much every respect. $1000 sounds steep, these typically need to have leaky caps replaced, and the boards they are mounted on cleaned up. I've used a tech in New Jersey for Adcom amp repairs and have been very impressed with his work, and he is more than reasonable. You may want to consider a repair whether you get Aegirs or not
https://www.ebcelectronics.com/Adcom-GFA-555-GFA-555II-Repair-Service.html

Sep 25, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #51,269 of 149,312
I've been slowly working my way through all the chapters, and this one REALLY hits home...

2015 Chapter 16:
When to Say “When”

Keep up the great work @Jason Stoddard !

I hadn't seen this post from 2015...Jason sure hits the nail on the head with that one. I grew up building Dynakits, and then Hafler kits. David Hafler was chasing engineering efficiency, and was pretty good at it. It's also one of the things that impresses me most about Schiit designs. And I've always been (way) less impressed with over the top "cost no object" design than engineering efficient design. Use that as your north star in audio (or anything) and you will save a lot of money over the years. And you know what? It's more fun too.

Sep 25, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #51,270 of 149,312
I hadn't seen this post from 2015...Jason sure hits the nail on the head with that one. I grew up building Dynakits, and then Hafler kits. David Hafler was chasing engineering efficiency, and was pretty good at it. It's also one of the things that impresses me most about Schiit designs. And I've always been (way) less impressed with over the top "cost no object" design than engineering efficient design. Use that as your north star in audio (or anything) and you will save a lot of money over the years. And you know what? It's more fun too.

I have built Dynakits and have heard of Hafler but never built any. I will have to check those out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back