Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 28, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #48,618 of 149,830
The British love their medium to small dogs. Oxford? Greenwich? Canterbury? Penzance? During our travels, I was able to get my fur fix. And inside the restaurants, no less! Cats? Few and far between.

Solid 10-4, on that. In Penzance, I met my first (German Sheppard) X (King Poodle) cross. Damn! For me, my future dog needs to be a big goofball. Either a lab/poodle cross or a full-on Golden lab. No sheepdogs for me!

We're exactly where we should be (or something to that effect). Damn, I hope we get some product reveals in September...
selfie02.png

I don't sit on the edge of my seat awaiting something new, as I ponder a purchase, I cannot be nagging myself--"but what if they sell the GeeWhiz Mark II right after I bought their Mark I"

Looking at a Saga close-out for $199 because we have seen the GeeWhiz new version and I will be fine with "old" tech...

Thomas loves me to wear headphones...he sleeps right through my Electronica

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #48,619 of 149,830
Jul 28, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #48,620 of 149,830
Just goes to show how good a deal Schiit is. I've looked at some high end stuff as I found my asgard 2 and Bimby. And a Rag2 and Yggy are just a great deal in compassion. Now if they would release their proto energizer that would be exciting.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #48,625 of 149,830
My wife happily listens to music on her phone. How we stayed married is a mystery! Must be that she is willing to put up with my audio obsession. I mean passion.

Jul 28, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #48,627 of 149,830
I too have been fussing/dialing in the grounding to my audio system.

As of now the measurable voltage between ground and neutral has been dropped from ≈ 0.5vac to 0.02vac and 0.1vdc to 0.000vdc.
This was done over several steps with noticeable improvements with each reduction.

At one point we were hearing am radio in the ≈ 500KHz frequency band, which is a 'talk radio' station.
This was a puzzle, as in, how the interaction between the electrical system ground and the audio system could 'detect' the audio signal.
And with the improved electrical ground, this additional noise has been eliminated.

JJ

Jul 28, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #48,628 of 149,830
Yes. It took care of the last distant humms in the system.
Would you mind taking some images of that ground (anti-hum) set up & post them? If it's your own design, let us know and I'll PM you instead. My power source is quiet (or it's at the same frequency as my bloody tinnitus, so I can treat it with MyNoise dot net applications). When I finally get my zombie-outpost-numbers-station-home eventually set up on the woodlot, I might want to acquire my own ground installation. :ksc75smile:

Jul 28, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #48,629 of 149,830

Users who are viewing this thread

Back