Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 25, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #48,541 of 150,912
Man I hate to say it, but all this raspberry pi and roon talk is making me long for a brief foray back into cat chat.

Heh, serious listening for me is still off CDs. I only have a handful of hi-res rips, and most of the music I'm interested in isn't on Tidal, Qobuz, etc.

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #48,542 of 150,912
Here is mine. Course with the fur where the head exactly....
B73C7A3E-C1F3-4975-BF5A-F29B387BD8DB.jpeg

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #48,543 of 150,912
I can't believe we gave up on beer so quickly.

I have to know, in the states is your beer (craft beer or ale) chilled? Or is it just your lager?

The craft beer market in the US is pretty big and made its way to the UK some time ago. Especially the hoppier styles.

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #48,545 of 150,912
It's not only an app persé.
DS Lightning is a media server with a lot of functions and the app for UI.
Well, Lightning Server is the name of the server App for streamers like Aries and DS is the controller with functionality similar to Roon that actually interacts with the streamer, but I am being pedantic. Lightning is tightly integrated with the Auralic hardware platform so perhaps it performs better than Roon. Neither the Auralic Lighting software nor Roon has anything to do with how the files are organized on your hard drive, by the way, they both simply serve and play what is there although they present the information differently. Like I said, to each his own. I did not like the Auralic software nearly as much as I like Roon.

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #48,546 of 150,912

I have to know, in the states is your beer (craft beer or ale) chilled? Or is it just your lager?

The craft beer market in the US is pretty big and made its way to the UK some time ago. Especially the hoppier styles.
Here in Arizona there are several good craft brewers. My favorites are Four Peaks Kiltlifter, a good Scottish ale; San Tan Devil's Ale, an amber American pale ale similar to some west coast IPAs; and the Oak Creek Brewing Company Nut Brown Ale, which is similar to many British brown ales I have enjoyed in Old Blighty. My most favorite beer in the world (so far) is Castlemaine XXXX Bitter from Queensland, Australia.

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #48,547 of 150,912

All of it is chilled. Very rarely, someone may make a cask-conditioned ale that is kept at "room temperature", but room temperature in California (or Ableza's Arizona) is radically different than England.

Some places may have different cooler boxes for different beers, but for the most part, it's all kept chilled.

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #48,548 of 150,912
Well, Lightning Server is the name of the server App for streamers like Aries and DS is the controller with functionality similar to Roon that actually interacts with the streamer, but I am being pedantic. Lightning is tightly integrated with the Auralic hardware platform so perhaps it performs better than Roon. Neither the Auralic Lighting software nor Roon has anything to do with how the files are organized on your hard drive, by the way, they both simply serve and play what is there although they present the information differently. Like I said, to each his own. I did not like the Auralic software nearly as much as I like Roon.
It's good that we happily agree on a lot of music.... f*ck the means.

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #48,549 of 150,912
there's so much pie out there, lots of different pie

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #48,550 of 150,912
Neither the Auralic Lighting software nor Roon has anything to do with how the files are organized on your hard drive...

I had a minor flashback when I read that.

Years ago when I decided to give iTunes a try (big mistake), I made the mistake of leaving the "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" option checked. iTunes almost completely re-organized my lovingly organized CD rips. The most egregious action was to move thousands of files into a "compilations" folder.

For example, John Lee Hooker's album "The Healer" was broken up into 8-9 different folders. iTunes thought that since Bonnie Raitt, Los Lobos, Robert Cray, Canned Heat and others were guest artists that they needed their own artist folders inside the compilations folder. I don't want to know how many hours I spent re-ripping my collection. Never again.

I don't care that iTunes is finally being broken up into 2-3 other programs. Apple won't have the opportunity to screw up my collection up again. Rant over.

Back to cats, coffee and beer talk. I enjoy my beer cold and my whisky over ice. Please don't hate.

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #48,552 of 150,912
You know how to fix that in iTunes. Make sure your same albums all have exactly the same name and they’ll merge, I’m sure at present they are not identical except with different titles...feat etc

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #48,553 of 150,912
I had a minor flashback when I read that.

Years ago when I decided to give iTunes a try (big mistake), I made the mistake of leaving the "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" option checked. iTunes almost completely re-organized my lovingly organized CD rips. The most egregious action was to move thousands of files into a "compilations" folder.

For example, John Lee Hooker's album "The Healer" was broken up into 8-9 different folders. iTunes thought that since Bonnie Raitt, Los Lobos, Robert Cray, Canned Heat and others were guest artists that they needed their own artist folders inside the compilations folder. I don't want to know how many hours I spent re-ripping my collection. Never again.

I don't care that iTunes is finally being broken up into 2-3 other programs. Apple won't have the opportunity to screw up my collection up again. Rant over.

Apple Music continues the tradition by integrating your local music in iCloud. If you have a very large library, it’s a disaster.

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #48,554 of 150,912
I just had an exhausting discussion about food with Constanza.
She persists that the way I present it to her makes a lot of difference in her liking it or not.
It's the same food but she labels me as a big naked slug without any "nose" for even determinating the difference between food or schiit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back