Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 23, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #47,776 of 149,298
You may be able to get away with listing in the For Sale section and posting a notice and link here. I've seen t done before and not heard of a mod getting out of sorts over it. Just a simple, FYI and link should be fine.

Jun 23, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #47,778 of 149,298
After releasing four new preamps, a new integrated amp and, soon, a turntable, he deserves a solid vacation. :wink:
I think that designing and making prototypes is like a vacation to Jason:ksc75smile:

Jun 23, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #47,779 of 149,298
I think that designing and making prototypes is like a vacation to Jason:ksc75smile:

I am assuming an engineering genius like Jason has circuits coursing through his brain day and night, and like a person who loves what they do, it ceases to be work and it seems like the only thing to do.

As a photojournalist, a vacation meant no pager, no cell phone, no emergency assignments, and typically a location out of the country (Holland), and no cameras.

I covered an NBA team with three games a week, except in early February, they would go on a West Coast road trip, and I would jet to Schiphol for a week, bypassing Centraal Station, and going directly to Haarlem and on to Zandvoort.

Amsterdam was a tourist trap with pick-pockets and stinking canals...but Haarlem and Zandvoort were like a childhood fairy tale village, 700-year-old fishing village and the former F1 Circuit Zandvoort.

(www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.dutch-grand-prix-to-return-at-zandvoort-from-2020.1OTLRqLZB6mXdD1VPyHiNx.html)

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #47,780 of 149,298
I am assuming an engineering genius like Jason has circuits coursing through his brain day and night, and like a person who loves what they do, it ceases to be work and it seems like the only thing to do.

As a photojournalist, a vacation meant no pager, no cell phone, no emergency assignments, and typically a location out of the country (Holland), and no cameras.

I covered an NBA team with three games a week, except in early February, they would go on a West Coast road trip, and I would jet to Schiphol for a week, bypassing Centraal Station, and going directly to Haarlem and on to Zandvoort.

Amsterdam was a tourist trap with pick-pockets and stinking canals...but Haarlem and Zandvoort were like a childhood fairy tale village, 700-year-old fishing village and the former F1 Circuit Zandvoort.

(www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.dutch-grand-prix-to-return-at-zandvoort-from-2020.1OTLRqLZB6mXdD1VPyHiNx.html)

F1 is going back to Zandvoort next year!

oops, I missed the link stating that...

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #47,781 of 149,298
F1 is going back to Zandvoort next year!

oops, I missed the link stating that...
Somebody met Bernie's demands. It was 10 years since I was last there, but the Race might be a good reason for another hop over the pond. Amsterdam Beach...LOL

Jun 24, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #47,783 of 149,298
Ah, yawn, Boremula 1...

Posted over at the CanJam 2019 topic was this nugget:

Schiit Mystery Product ($???) - I don't usually do this, but I'm going to be a total tease! I had a nice convo with Jason and he told me a few juicy secrets but made me swear a blood oath not to post any specifics. So I'll just say this, there are going to be a lot of really happy SchiitHeads in a couple of months from now. And I'm definitely one of them!
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/canjam-socal-2019-impressions-thread.909385/page-10#post-15025159

I wonders what this could be about?

Jun 24, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #47,784 of 149,298
Bernie’s been gone some time. F1 is now mostly owned by Liberty Media.

Glad to hear he is gone. My friends in Zandvoort said he had priced them out years ago. Who knows, maybe F1 will come back to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway again.

Jun 24, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #47,785 of 149,298
Jun 24, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #47,786 of 149,298
Glad to hear he is gone. My friends in Zandvoort said he had priced them out years ago. Who knows, maybe F1 will come back to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway again.
Why?
COTA is much better. I will always be disgruntled that the Indianapolis 500 was ever a classed as a part of the WDC

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #47,787 of 149,298

When we moved back to Nashville, the realtor we hired also happened to be a professional session guitarist.

When we organized the house-warming party, I asked if he'd come and bring his guitar.
He came, but declined to bring the guitar. As he put it "that's my work, and I just want to relax."
I'd never thought of a guitar that way before :)

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #47,789 of 149,298
And the sport is so much better now that he's gone.
Hate to go further OT, but the sport of F1 is only better for those with a financial interest. If you are not Mercedes or a fan, 2019 is an F1 lowpoint. Marginal track limits, no grid girls, no competition for victory, ugly cars, halo, DRS are among the reasons F1 has little interest for me anymore. I find Indycar to provide a far more compelling racing product.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #47,790 of 149,298
Why?
COTA is much better. I will always be disgruntled that the Indianapolis 500 was ever a classed as a part of the WDC

No dispute that the Austin track is great. The poor attendance and the Tyre issue which gave a victory to Schumacher when only Ferrari was competing was probably bad for F1 in Indy. The GP track is certainly competitive for the Indy Car GP. I would like to see three F1 races in the US if they are expanding their schedule.

Speedway Motorsports toyed with the idea of making their California Roadcourse at Sonoma Raceway into an F1 track--that was years ago, and Bruton Smith and Humpy Wheeler visited Zandvoort before moving some dirt out West to improve their road course for NASCAR.

Being a native Hoosier, some amount of hometown pride is involved, and Michael Schumacher still is the ONLY 5-time champion in Speedway, Indiana.

www.wheels24.co.za/FormulaOne/he-continues-to-fight-fia-president-todt-says-injured-schumachers-condition-private-20190624

Users who are viewing this thread

Back