Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 22, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #47,746 of 148,650
Please don't assume I was talking to you, I was not. I mean in general. Schiit has said on many occasions that they build the gear they want to build and if it's not right for a specific user that there are many other options out there in the world. That's the sentiment I was echoing.

It's a good sentiment, but I would hope the egos, sensitivities, and skin of Schiit and its fans are strong or thick enough to welcome and embrace constructive discussion on the features of Schiit products. Everyone getting on here and saying how awesome their products are doesn't provide honest or useful feedback.

Assuming the company wants to be the best they can be - learn, grow, improve, kaizen, etc, then the comments over the past few days should be welcome. Most of the folks commenting here are owners and fans of Schiit anyway. I'd like to imagine there's room for discussion for all of us. It's not like there has been any ASR esque torchings.

I dunno, maybe this isn't the place for that. Maybe the only purpose of this thread is as a micromarketing Rah Rah Pep Rally on how awesome Schiit is. I could be wrong, but I don't think that's the case. I think and hope its more then that.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #47,748 of 148,650
Positive feedback is still feedback, and useful feedback at that. But yeah, Schiit will never 100% meet expectations of everyone here on Head-Fi with any single product. However, it produces quite a range of gear, which fit the range of needs for many folks.

Ok good point, I didn't mean to sound dismissive of positive feedback. Just meant it doesn't provide a whole & complete picture.

Jun 22, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #47,751 of 148,650
I dunno, maybe this isn't the place for that. Maybe the only purpose of this thread is as a micromarketing Rah Rah Pep Rally on how awesome Schiit is. I could be wrong, but I don't think that's the case. I think and hope its more then that.

You must be new here - you ARE wrong. This thread is about coffee and cat pics.

Sprudge-KittiesNCoffee-AnnaBrones-13398803_1752284231723677_958695649_n.jpg

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #47,756 of 148,650
Positive feedback is still feedback, and useful feedback at that. But yeah, Schiit will never 100% meet expectations of everyone here on Head-Fi with any single product. However, it produces quite a range of gear, which fit the range of needs for many folks.

Ok good point, I didn't mean to sound dismissive of positive feedback. Just meant it doesn't provide a whole & complete picture.

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #47,757 of 148,650
It's a good sentiment, but I would hope the egos, sensitivities, and skin of Schiit and its fans are strong or thick enough to welcome and embrace constructive discussion on the features of Schiit products. Everyone getting on here and saying how awesome their products are doesn't provide honest or useful feedback.

Assuming the company wants to be the best they can be - learn, grow, improve, kaizen, etc, then the comments over the past few days should be welcome. Most of the folks commenting here are owners and fans of Schiit anyway. I'd like to imagine there's room for discussion for all of us. It's not like there has been any ASR esque torchings.

I think the fact that Jason has been active here in the last days, to answer questions and propose solutions, says a Lot about how this thread works. It's an information sharing board for wants, needs, wins and bitches. IMO ... couldn't be better :)
I'd really like to bring whisky/whiskey and all its varieties back into the thread as well.

Feel free to do that!
There's also this decent thread going...https://www.head-fi.org/threads/whisky-or-whiskey-fi.432209/page-59

Jun 22, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #47,759 of 148,650

As an owner of several Schiit products, I most definitely agree. :wink:

Jun 22, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #47,760 of 148,650
The Ragnarok 2 preout functionality being tied to headphones seems so odd to me. I can’t imagine a relevant use case unless someone is a gamer who uses a the amp on, and a subwoofer under, a desk and wants the location precision of headphones while gaming but still wants to feel explosions.

I want to use headphones when I need to be quiet at home, and when I don’t need to be quiet I want to run speakers and/or subs. There is now no way to listen to headphones without having the subwoofer on unless you unplug or turn off the sub, or wire using the speaker outputs which seems problematic given the differential output design. Any reputable sub has a feature to automatically turn on when it receives a signal. (Not a 12v trigger mind you, just sensing a signal and auto power off after X minutes if no signal). Somewhat useless now.

I think this is another relic of the desk warrior brigade messing with something really meant for a living room.
Unless it is meant for desks with sub build in underneath the desk just between your legs to get those great balls of fire. :-[]

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back