Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 30, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #47,101 of 150,716
Seems to me the one having the tantrum is you. A rep at Schiit said if the product was purchased within 30 days, their policy is to either refund the difference in price, or waive the restocking fee if iI'd like to return it to purchase the new version. I am well within my rights and am not trying to scam anyone.

As for why I brought it up at all, I reached out to Schiit after posting here. If I had gone to them first my post would have been a glowing endorsement for their customer service. For that, I apologize.

As for your rant you sound like someone who vociferously rationalizes their fear of standing up for themselves, and attempts to belittle someone who does. Your restaurant analogy is also pretty lame in that I am not trying to get something for free.

Obviously, you are upset, as was I when I paid full price for my Valhalla 2, and only one week later they offered a number of them as B-stock. $50 is a lot of money, to me and most everyone I know, so I can empathize. I am glad Schiit is working with you because they are good people. I apologize for some folks who forget that we are here to discuss Audio and not the people who post. I am usually the one being called out for my knee-jerk reactions, and guess what?
My Valhalla 2 was Brand New, so I did get something for the extra $50. I am not saying that there would have been problems with B-stock, but at least I don't need to worry.
To be Honest, if the Valhalla 3 were announced and it cost $50 more, it would not cause me to want the newest version. Sometimes the older version is a better deal and better suits your needs. I am thinking about the Lyr 2 with two tubes instead of on one, and as a result, a good used aftermarket of Lyr 2 developed for those who wanted the two-tube version.

May 30, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #47,102 of 150,716
Obviously, you are upset, as was I when I paid full price for my Valhalla 2, and only one week later they offered a number of them as B-stock. $50 is a lot of money, to me and most everyone I know, so I can empathize. I am glad Schiit is working with you because they are good people. I apologize for some folks who forget that we are here to discuss Audio and not the people who post. I am usually the one being called out for my knee-jerk reactions, and guess what?
My Valhalla 2 was Brand New, so I did get something for the extra $50. I am not saying that there would have been problems with B-stock, but at least I don't need to worry.
To be Honest, if the Valhalla 3 were announced and it cost $50 more, it would not cause me to want the newest version. Sometimes the older version is a better deal and better suits your needs. I am thinking about the Lyr 2 with two tubes instead of on one, and as a result, a good used aftermarket of Lyr 2 developed for those who wanted the two-tube version.

thats fine with $50 extra you got a new product and 30 days trial period. Just the option to try out something is worth some extra cash.When i got the gummy i had an option to get the B Stock but since I had never heard Gumby so to have an option to have a home trial for a month for $70 was good enough for me.

May 30, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #47,104 of 150,716
Why would you want a DAC downstream of the preamp? As I understand it, the preamp is the last in line before the amp.
I have my Gumby after my preamp's digital out. It's almost perfect. "almost" because of volume-control related bit-loss. But I can't hear that.

May 30, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #47,105 of 150,716
...but it was less than 30 days...
If you bought it with a card (likely) then the credit card company may have your back (aka price protection).

May 30, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #47,106 of 150,716
May 30, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #47,107 of 150,716
May 30, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #47,108 of 150,716
If you bought it with a card (likely) then the credit card company may have your back (aka price protection).

Schiit refunded the difference quickly and no questions asked. I have never had an issue with Schiit before, and the handling of this present issue reinforces my opinion of Schiit as a real stand-up company.

May 31, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #47,109 of 150,716
I don't know... It doesn't do MQA...
That is quite a problem... :smirk:
For me, I just can’t get behind the idea of surround. 2.1 is fine for me whether it’s music or movies. And for music I mean 2 channel 44/16. I haven’t found any audible benefit to anything beyond that besides paying more money and taking up more storage space

May 31, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #47,110 of 150,716
Schiit refunded the difference quickly and no questions asked. I have never had an issue with Schiit before, and the handling of this present issue reinforces my opinion of Schiit as a real stand-up company.
Unfortunately you polluted this thread with complaints about them earlier, and Web searches will bring up that negativity before they bring up their unusually accommodating response. Everything you write on the public Web stays there pretty much forever. Do you think it is fair that your earlier items here will tar Schiit into the indefinite future? People often behave on the Web as if they were just venting with buddies at the bar. Instead, they are besmirching hard-working businesses before they give them the option to go beyond the call, as Schiit as done in your case and in many others. Sad.

May 31, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #47,111 of 150,716
earnmyturns, ease up. You and winders jumped down this guy's throat the instant he expressed a concern, there was no need for name calling and belittling him. Frankly, he looks a lot more reasonable and mature in this exchange. Why doesn't everyone just drop it so we can get back to an on-topic discussion? I daresay Schiit will survive his posts. Indeed, I even predict they will be quite successful despite the "besmirching."

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #47,112 of 150,716
earnmyturns, ease up. You and winders jumped down this guy's throat the instant he expressed a concern, there was no need for name calling and belittling him. Frankly, he looks a lot more reasonable and mature in this exchange. Why doesn't everyone just drop it so we can get back to an on-topic discussion? I daresay Schiit will survive his posts. Indeed, I even predict they will be quite successful despite the "besmirching."
I won't ease up on thoughtless besmirching of a good company any more than I will ease up on littering of the sidewalks in my neighborhood. If we don't defend the commons, they'll become a pigsty.

May 31, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #47,113 of 150,716
I won't ease up on thoughtless besmirching of a good company any more than I will ease up on littering of the sidewalks in my neighborhood. If we don't defend the commons, they'll become a pigsty.

My thoughts as well.

May 31, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #47,114 of 150,716
Yeah I thought that could have been handled better by the guy. But as a community this one tends to jump down the throat of folks who appear to be out of line, according to the collective. Is resistance futile? Yes resistance IS futile.

Glad Schiit took care of him. That's the problem with this habit, none of it is needed, so when something changes you are either pissed or happy.

I bought a b stock saga in Oct 2018 and, full disclosure, was a bit bummed to see a lower b stock price last week.

But then the new sagas pop up this week. And all of a sudden I'm happy with what I have (LISST) while simultaneously wondering if Schiit could install a motorized pot on my existing saga...

Shrug, such is life..... I'm constantly wishing I ordered what someone else ordered for supper... The human condition being what it is.....

Anyone watch the Sol videos from Instagram? That platter spins and spins and spins......

@Baldr how many rpms was that platter spun up too, and how many minutes did it spin before stopping?

It looked very well balanced.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/schiitsol/

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #47,115 of 150,716
Tekton's email would have been much better to go something like this message I received from my favorite local restaurant.

We ate there Saturday and grabbed Nate the manager to let him know how much we appreciated his email. I'm a veteran and have lost many Brother Rats and brothers in arms since 2001.

Email from Mutiny Pirate Bar:

Subject: Here's a Great Idea for Memorial Day Weekend

Most of you know that here at Mutiny, we don't take ourselves too seriously. We are the first to seize an opportunity to crack a joke and we love to send emails that keep you smiling!

This Memorial Day Weekend we've decided to take a break from silly emails, funny cartoons, and selling stuff. Instead, we take a moment to remember those who have given the last full measure of devotion for our country. We also want to pay tribute to the family members the fallen have left behind.

While we would thoroughly enjoy seeing each and every one of you here at Mutiny this weekend, we encourage you to set aside a moment or two to reflect on the true meaning behind this holiday.

If you would like to make a difference this weekend, we urge you to consider a donation to one of the following organizations:

rememberingourfallen.org
woundedwarriorproject.org
www.fallenpatriots.org
fisherhouse.org
purpleheartfoundation.org

This is a small list of groups that strive to honor our
military members and their families.

From everyone here in the Mutiny Family; Thank you for your sacrifice.

We hope to see you at Mutiny soon,

Rob, Steve, Nate, Lee & The Crew
Brilliant, that! Just wish more woul put others first. Amazing the goodwill it attracts!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back