1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Derrick Swart
    nice stress test

2. ScubaMan2017
    That's too rich for my blood (my spouse might just use one of those shallow graves on our woodlot [or at the very least ensure I'm buried ass up in our pre-paid grave]). :ksc75smile:

W S L and Dana Reed like this.
  3. ScubaMan2017
    All passive design. Michael Faraday would have been impressed. :ksc75smile:

I'm usually struggling with that paradigm in the classroom. My teenagers (and under 20somethings) seem to have 2 modes (especially after lunch): sleepy... or... SQUIRRELS-ON-FIRE. I sometimes avoid booking computer time those afternoons for that reason. They perk up after 5 or so. Me? I'm an early bird. Netiquette isn't robustly being taught at home (and that's a pity).

4. Robert Padgett
    Sir, we all know that what we write lives on forever. In journalism, we call the "chilling effect"-- Self-Imposed censorship of ideas and thoughts in anticipation of some critic who steps up and admonishes the writer to be more careful when expressing their thoughts about the Fearless Leader, or face repercussions.
    You use very offensive language in your besmirching of this writer, in your defense of Jason and Mike's reputation on the interweb.
    For goodness sake, Schiit is growing and prospering, despite the slams, they have taken from that guy who only measures, and never listens.
    Your "Fan-Boy" points will still be intact, you will still be praised for your most recent crusade against an infidel by a small cadre of like-minded defenders.
    Please concern yourself with the litterbugs who are turning your commons into a pigsty.
    Schiit is a large enough company, they no longer need a Praetorian Guard to guard the Palace. Sad, indeed.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    saddleup, Byronb and hearditontheX like this.
  5. Brubacca
    Any Listening impressions from Saga+, Saga S, Freya S, or Freya +?

W S L, Rensek, Derrick Swart and 2 others like this.
  6. hearditontheX
    ^Aaaaand you’re a guard in another uniform, Robert.

Let’s move on shall we?

jimmers, Rensek, liamo and 4 others like this.
  7. Derrick Swart
    Spain is different

8. Derrick Swart
    You are Missing the point, if you would ask how do i say -i am- they don’t say ‘soy’ they say ‘tu eres’.
    Same question in Portugal they respond: I am is ‘eu sou’ they even add that when it is a state of being (time limited) that it is ‘estou’

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Pedro Janeiro likes this.
  9. Oveja Negra
    No, it's not. It's as I described, which is also how it is in all South America (except for Brasil, obviously).

"Tú es" is as weird as someone claiming that in some english speaking country people say "You is". Maybe you're talking about Catalán?

motberg and Juan_R like this.
  10. Derrick Swart
    You missed the joke, in Madrid they always say: Spain is different

I mixed up portuguese with spanish in the -tu- form. Desculpa/perdoname

And yes -usted- is the polite form, i like that way to distinguish very much, like the germans and portuguese also do.

DaniRojo likes this.
  11. Oveja Negra
    Ahh I wasn't aware of that joke, but even if I was, considering it's friday I'm certain I would missed it anyways :D

Derrick Swart likes this.
  12. Derrick Swart
    Thank god it is Friday. And for us the weekend starts at 15:00 hours. La vida is fantastic

Oveja Negra likes this.
  13. CharlesC
    I'm about to start building an Amp Camp power amp and I'm thinking now might be a good time to pick up a used Saga. I have a question about the specs though: In active stage the Saga says it has 0db gain but output at >10V. I'm in the beginning of my electronics studies but to me that doesn't seem consistent. Can anyone help me understand?

Thanks!

thebmc likes this.
  14. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    English is the only language I speak that doesn't distinguish a casual and polite form for "you".
    No matter if you use the word itself or the grammatical pointing.

thebmc and Derrick Swart like this.
  15. DaniRojo
    They actually do but it's barely used as long as I can remember. They use "thy", like in " Hallowed be thy name", the Iron Maiden song.