Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 10, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #46,384 of 149,296
They look and work the same if you stage your properties well.
Full disclosure: I only have one room for my music so use no multi room fanfare.
My house is so small, it would be pathetic.

No, they don’t work the same. They do some of the same things but they are not close to being twins.

May 10, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #46,386 of 149,296
No, they don’t work the same. They do some of the same things but they are not close to being twins.
Please elaborate. I use Roon and Auralics app now together to test if Roon is for me.
Maybe I'm not getting the picture.
I could make a better decision if you teach me.

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #46,387 of 149,296
What adds value for you is probably different than what adds value for me or many other people. As popular as Roon is, you might want to consider that not everyone but you is stupid or likes to waste money. That is an arrogant position to take.

I have 3 distinct listening locations, setup as Roon zones, and I can see adding a few more. Roon's interface is WAY better than Audirvana which I also own. It is also much more flexible and works much better with Tidal and Qobuz. With Audirvana I can play music. With Roon and can experience music by playing it and by easily exploring music not in my library.
That is how i imagine Roon. Good to hear all kinds of Roon experiences/ thoughts though ... looks like i am getting closer to a life time subscription purchase (perhaps i should buy one for my son, way more affordable when you are like REALLY young)

May 10, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #46,394 of 149,296
that shiit hell looks awesome. Ive been looking for a solution similar to that for my gaming sessions as well.

Looks like a high low gain on both headphones and microphone on the front. Id love to see an anodized case or not to keep the price lower

May 10, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #46,395 of 149,296
It seems my memory is way worse than yours, cause I didn't remember that :D

Thanks for all the input on the possibility of an Asgard 3!

I think that the thoughts here directly reflect my indecision--is it best to keep going on a "classic" line or move things forward? There are benefits to both. One thing that won't happen, though, is both. As in, we won't be bringing out more products that will stack on top of the current line. We already have too many. I could easily make a case for eliminating Valhalla 2* and doing a new Asgard 3, but I can't make a case for having Valhalla 2 and Asgard 2 and a new modular product that is an easier step-up from Magni/Modi than Jotunheim or Lyr 3.

But, don't panic. The reality is that we'll probably be sitting back and watching the sales of Asgard 2 and Valhalla 2 over the course of the year, and see how they do. If they do fine, then cool, if they don't, then we'll have to see where we go. If the availability of Valhalla 2 tubes becomes problematic, or if the price goes too high, that may also have an effect on our decision.

*Case: we're best at hybrids, not tube amps, plus the tubes are getting more expensive for Valhalla 2. How happy would you be with a Valhalla 2 at $399? $449? Those price points may have to be considered in the future.

So, we are now in 2019, any news? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back