Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 13, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #33,586 of 150,256
I wouldn't be surprised if this part of your many statements about Rok is actually true. I've though this long lead time could be for a new design for sometime, this kinda reinforces that.
Can't wait to see what's up. So, a remote on a integrated speaker amp this time right? :wink:
I know the Ragnarok will have an update sometime.
Since it is near impossible to improve on sound, an RC would be a thing.
If I was to bi-amp some day, a second Ragnarok would be my choice.

Jun 13, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #33,587 of 150,256
Streams your DNA? Wow.. that's a bold proposition for an old geezer like me....
Native Americans have a legend about someone named Kokopeli who "streamed their DNA" all over the place among many tribes...

Jun 13, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #33,590 of 150,256
Native Americans have a legend about someone named Kokopeli who "streamed their DNA" all over the place among many tribes...

Kokopelli.jpg

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #33,591 of 150,256
I had an email from ORT.
He is in- and out of hospital but otherwise ok.
His eyes keep getting better.
He sends his regards to all of you and will be back.

Thanks for posting I was just thinking of him this morning...

:beerchug:

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #33,592 of 150,256
Yes, I will own Tektons at some point considering everything I've heard, and I'm a speaker loving Yggy owner.
I just have to get DI's in "her" living room. This will not be easy or quick.:thinking:
You might as well file divorce papers right now.

And poke out your eyes to better enjoy the music. Such is the ugliness of Tektons.

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #33,594 of 150,256

72900444-01AC-4EFC-9464-13284BBC0DF1.jpeg
My best kept secret to improve the sound of my system :)

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #33,596 of 150,256
You might as well file divorce papers right now.

And poke out your eyes to better enjoy the music. Such is the ugliness of Tektons.

I am leaning toward those speakers because of the recommendation of TomSix whose opinion I value. I have talked to other friends who enjoy the Lores so most likely that will be my choice and I will get a chance to hear them with small monoblocks. Somewhere along the line I will incorporate tube sound, most likely in the pre-amp. Now as far as ugliness lol, I may go with basic black or even white and let the beauty of my monoblocks stand out. There will only be a single, lighted push button switch on the front. (unless I do VU meters :beyersmile:).

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #33,597 of 150,256
Hey all,

I know I've been scarce, so I thought I'd at least come by and give you a quick update.

Why so scarce? Because I've been busy. To quote Mike, there are a lot of irons in the fire. And that's certainly part of it. But a bigger part of it is in adding new production partners, rolling in new production procedures, and doing some first-ever production-related things.

Production sounds boring? Well, maybe it is, on some level. But without good production partners, procedures, and techniques, we can't deliver great products at affordable prices.

Up until now, we've been using a single PCB assembly house. However, as runs get bigger, we've brought on a second. These guys are up in Northern California, and actually approached us first (a principle in the company had purchased one of our products). They're better set up for very large runs and for more bleeding-edge parts. They even do 100% x-ray inspection (not just optical) after the board is finished. This is an especially big deal for the smaller, finer-pitch parts (or BGAs, which we may end up having to use sometime soon). This actually unloads our long-term supplier and lets them focus on what they do best, which are shorter runs with more human intervention. For our products that still use through-hole parts, or are complex, or that we don't make very many of, they are perfect. For the rest, the new guy is delivering in a big way. This should help us cut down on out of stock situations, and to ensure our high-volume products aren't ever in slow-shipping mode.

Also, up until now, ongoing product runs typically went straight to assembly. This was great, unless there was a glitch in the new run. Now, there shouldn't be a glitch, but you never know what might happen. And in that case, the glitch might only be caught in automated test or sound check. And then we have a bunch of products assembled that need to be disassembled and sent back to the PCB house to be fixed.

So, now all runs, new or ongoing, get evaluated by engineering and/or test staff before getting a formal, documented release. The release goes back to the PCB house, and the run proceeds. Sounds simple, yes? Like I've said, we're not always the brightest people in the world. In any case, this new procedure has caught a couple of stupid things that would otherwise stop up the production lines.

And finally, we're getting ready to do a couple things we've never done before in production--namely, programming the USB input and Microchip microprocessor before assembly--as in, both parts come pre-programmed from the factory, before they are placed on the board. This saves us two programming steps. And when you're talking very high-production products, saving two steps is a very big deal. The reason we haven't done it in the past? (A) We're stupid, (B) the runs weren't large enough to make it irritating.

In any case, I'm coming out of production and development busywork, and should have a new chapter shortly.

(Oh, and Ragnarok being out of stock as run-up to Ragnarok 2? Nope, sorry. It's just out of stock. As with most speculation, there is no conspiracy.)

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 13, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #33,600 of 150,256
(Oh, and Ragnarok being out of stock as run-up to Ragnarok 2? Nope, sorry. It's just out of stock. As with most speculation, there is no conspiracy.)

@Jason Stoddard - Given that there's some clever programming for bias mgmt., I've often wondered if there has been any firmware updates to the Ragnarok over its life that older Rags would benefit from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back