Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 28, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #33,301 of 152,846
I own an original Schiit Mojo amp.
It is my understanding it runs 2 watts of class A bias/channel.
This means that any load (regardless of load impedance) up to 2 watts, is running in class A.

JJ

That's quite a bit. You can find yourself paying way past the cost of the Mjolnir 2 for pure class A amps that don't even reach an entire watt.

May 28, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #33,302 of 152,846
May 28, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #33,303 of 152,846
Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #33,304 of 152,846
I own an original Schiit Mojo amp.
It is my understanding it runs 2 watts of class A bias/channel.
This means that any load (regardless of load impedance) up to 2 watts, is running in class A.

JJ

p2kBCVn.jpg

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #33,305 of 152,846
That's quite a bit. You can find yourself paying way past the cost of the Mjolnir 2 for pure class A amps that don't even reach an entire watt.

I run three class A setups, (soon to be four), and indeed they are not efficient amps but the sound you can get in the first watt is truly incredible. I did my own builds on two of them so that kept my cost down.

May 28, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #33,306 of 152,846
Molte grazie!

I'm going to attempt this week and will let my 19 month old daughter and 4 year old son know they'll be shot if they fold the pizza. :cry:

-Peter
That recipe will feed a football team. I made 4 pies with a third of the amounts.

(Yes, I know I only showed three. I loaded the last one with all my leftover toppings, and the bottom didn't take it happily. Pizza sauce on an 800°F stone = burned crust. A disgrace, Pietro would say.)

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #33,308 of 152,846
I will have to try out the dough one day soon.

For the beer lovers out there, there is a seasonal (March -July) Leinenkugel's beer available now. Canoe Paddler. A kolsch style beer for those who like Pilsener malt. A great beer to pair with a light summer lunch IMHO.

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #33,309 of 152,846
I will have to try out the dough one day soon.

For the beer lovers out there, there is a seasonal (March -July) Leinenkugel's beer available now. Canoe Paddler. A kolsch style beer for those who like Pilsener malt. A great beer to pair with a light summer lunch IMHO.
Thank you! Annette's favorite type of beer is kolsch. It's not so easy to find here in Tennessee, for some reason.

May 28, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #33,310 of 152,846
Thank you! Annette's favorite type of beer is kolsch. It's not so easy to find here in Tennessee, for some reason.

My wife located this, she can remember me buying it in past years so she surprised me with it. (my wife does not like beer and rarely even tastes it.)

If still readily available I can send a six pack your way once I return to work later this week. I love breaking the monotony for my shipping people, they would enjoy the challenge of protecting beer. The shipped some Camus cognac for me last fall and it arrived safely so beer should be doable.

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #33,311 of 152,846
I have to share something and it pertains to Schiit, this is Ripper 2860 explaining the background noise on the new Chesky Meiko album:

TheLyr 3 is a very revealing amp and after additional careful listening, I think I may solved the mystery!! After isolating the rumble sound using Audacity and comparing with the sounds found on Youtube, I have finally determined the possible source of the rumble...

I believe someone in a breakroom down the hall was making a smoothie. The sound seems like that of a blender (Waring mode CB15T) and from what I could tell (due to viscosity based oscillation of blade sounds), it was strawberry-banana protein shake made with 2% milk.

Of course, I could be wrong, so I'd still like to hear from Chesky. :o2smile:

May 28, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #33,312 of 152,846
I have to share something and it pertains to Schiit, this is Ripper 2860 explaining the background noise on the new Chesky Meiko album:

TheLyr 3 is a very revealing amp and after additional careful listening, I think I may solved the mystery!! After isolating the rumble sound using Audacity and comparing with the sounds found on Youtube, I have finally determined the possible source of the rumble...

I believe someone in a breakroom down the hall was making a smoothie. The sound seems like that of a blender (Waring mode CB15T) and from what I could tell (due to viscosity based oscillation of blade sounds), it was strawberry-banana protein shake made with 2% milk.

Of course, I could be wrong, so I'd still like to hear from Chesky. :o2smile:

I love it! LOL!

May 28, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #33,313 of 152,846
Funniest thing I have read in ages, and what made it all the better was the serious discussion taking place all around it.

May 28, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #33,314 of 152,846
I see a bright future at Stereophile for @Ripper2860

That post made me snortle loudly!

May 28, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #33,315 of 152,846
My wife located this, she can remember me buying it in past years so she surprised me with it. (my wife does not like beer and rarely even tastes it.)

If still readily available I can send a six pack your way once I return to work later this week. I love breaking the monotony for my shipping people, they would enjoy the challenge of protecting beer. The shipped some Camus cognac for me last fall and it arrived safely so beer should be doable.
Hey! Thanks for the offer, Tom. And, a nice diversion for your shipping folks!
We'll check out the Kroger beer aisle - they have a helluva selection - and let you know. I appreciate the thought!

BTW, her favorite was by the brand Reissdorf, from the German Cologne region!
https://beerconnoisseur.com/beer/reissdorf-kolsch
We could buy it in Cincinnati...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back