Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 13, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #32,822 of 150,069
The following message is for the Dutch only:

Heeft er iemand zin om een Schiit-meet in Nederland te organiseren?

Ik ben niet vaak terug in NL, maar je weet nooit. I word graag op de hoogte gehouden....

May 13, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #32,823 of 150,069
May 13, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #32,824 of 150,069
I just got an email that the Amp Camp kit is available for pre- order from DIYaudio, class a audio speaker amps that can be used in monoblock configuration.

While I am waiting to build a coaster amp, I may work on a couple more class A amps, I have three but it would be nice to power some efficient speakers with one and I have seen a couple that make me realize how easy the build could be.

I got the same email and have taken the plunge to try a pair of ACA mono blocks. Now all I need is for Jason to get the coaster amp out on the market, so that I can train up for the bigger job that is due to ship at the end of July.

May 13, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #32,825 of 150,069
There are some great photos of ACA amps in a Whammy thread. They caused me to realize I can get the monoblock price down to under $100 each by doing my own shopping.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pass-diy-headphone-amp-whammy.877569/page-3#post-14236284

I am basing mine on a couple that JamieMcC did, his wood working skills are amazing and he ended up cutting a large heatshink in half to do the build. When you see the inside, you realize how simple the build could be. I also own quite a few of the components used to populate the circuit boards so there is little reason for me to buy more of those.

Until I get a preamp of my choosing I have two Class a headphone amp/preamps that I can use to control and provide signal for said blocks.

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #32,826 of 150,069
I would like to send my best wishes for a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mothers out there!
To the Head-Fi men, don't forget to hug your mother either in person or in your mind.
With kind regards,
RCB

ps. My 3000th post on Head-Fi.

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #32,827 of 150,069
I would like to send my best wishes for a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mothers out there!
To the Head-Fi men, don't forget to hug your mother either in person or in your mind.
With kind regards,
RCB

ps. My 3000th post on Head-Fi.
You are a big influence on keeping Jason's thread congenial and a great place for people to meet and share. Here's to 3,000 more!:beerchug:

May 13, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #32,830 of 150,069
Sorry what does WAF stand for as you are using it here lol? TomSix suggested I look at these speakers so it is his quote. I found someone else who said the Pass amps work great with the Lore model of that speaker.

May 13, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #32,831 of 150,069
Sorry what does WAF stand for as you are using it here lol?

Wife Acceptance Factor ...

Wifey must approve of equipment's appearance and approve of its placement in the home or there will be heck to pay...

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #32,833 of 150,069
Ah lol, trust me I found all kinds of acronyms when I looked it up but not that one.
My wife barely notices as I add more headphone amps or speakers of course i do have thirteen speakers in my family room so what are two more? She has her electronics area in the house and I have mine, it is a symbiotic relationship. Besides the last amp I built was blue, she loved the color. Not that I want blue speakers but I do believe Tekton gives you choices.

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #32,834 of 150,069
Sounds like a marriage made in audio heaven!!

May 13, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #32,835 of 150,069
Basically my wife wants one remote, and simple electronics. When I change some things around in my family room it can get pretty tricky but eventually I think through it. She has mastered turning on and off lights with her phone and changing the temperature in the house when she is away but she is pretty well lost in my A/V system. Through the years I have made good money with electronics so she trusts me. I also have probably $300 wrapped up in the 13 speakers in my downstairs including Klipsch, Martin Logan, Polk Audio, Energy and Episode. I have all of 20 cents in a NAD power amp. (it was being thrown away and I repaired it by touching up a few solder joints.) With my track record, she rarely asks questions and she loves the look of some amps I have done so that part is cool.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back