Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 2, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #32,311 of 151,659
Does anyone ever actually return an EITR?? :triportsad:

May 2, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #32,313 of 151,659
In other, perhaps more interesting news, we've streamlined the presentation of our B-Stock and Closeout products in a new site section. So, if you're looking to save some cash, here it is:

http://www.schiit.com/b-stocks
Wow, why are there so many Vali 2 B-stocks? Trouble with production or just a lot of customer returns?

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #32,315 of 151,659
What do you want? A Schiiting Duck?
b2cfa8b6-f901-42cb-9b32-2e3d4525fe0d-6-heyy-meme.jpg

May 2, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #32,317 of 151,659
Unfortunately when you get to be my age the high frequencies are generally what you lose first. I am lucky to hear above 15k, I have had to ask younger folks to tell me when such noises stopped lol.

True story: I was a psych major and took a class called Sensation & Perception. Great proof, older guy. After learning about the neurological and biological basis for human hearing, he demonstrated some tones using a pretty serious tone generator. The goal was to show how aging reduces HF hearing. He had us put up all our hands, then lower them when we couldn't hear the sound anymore. Most of us could hear up to 20kHz, pretty young crowd. When he finished he walked back to the lectern, as we all suffered through a piercing 18kHz wail. He moves on to the next segment, as we all sit there wondering what the hell point he is trying to make. Our ears are ringing. Eventually, someone stood up and said the generator was still running, dude had no idea. What a perfect way to domstrate his point!

May 2, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #32,318 of 151,659
Very well said, and a funny story!

May 2, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #32,319 of 151,659
I have been very happy with my VN² and to be honest, this is fine for me. For me to want some thing, it MUST appeal to my eyes because my ego is occupado else where. I maintain that with regard to "hearing stuff", if you can not do so consistently in a double blind test, there is no difference save that in your mind or in some cases, your ego.

If you hear a "difference" then that is the difference for you and you alone. I used to be a born again Christian but NEVER would I force my faith on any one. I am now an Atheist and still, NEVER would I force my lack of faith on any one. To believe or not is for me and me alone. FrAudiophiles remind me of athiests and christians (note the lower case spelling of both, indicative of how I hold both to be people with out honor). How do you know if there is either an atheist or a christian in the room? Fear not, they WILL TELL YOU!

And by that I mean in more than a passing way. If one is secure in their beliefs, be they theological (or the polar opposite) or frAuido in origin, then they will just go about living those beliefs and not squeal them from the roof tops. When in like company there is plenty of fellow ship to be shared by all and I have zero doubts that some of my christian acquaintances mock me as do more than a few assholists....ummmm... atheists I know. And frAudiophiles? They loathe me, LOL! Who can blame them?

I like plenty of cool looking cables, but I do so because I find them to be pleasing to my eye. That is my way with pretty much all things I buy. I doubt I could get a crappy modern piece of equipment but ugly is out there. Case in point - I am listening to my favourite internet station, "The Great American Songbook" on a reeeeeeeeeeally inexpensive internet radio ($40). It works just fine, looks 1950s/60s Space Age cool and since I plugged it in 20 minutes ago has yet to display a problem. If it works out to be excellente', I shall deliver it to a seasoned citizen friend of mine for her listening pleasure. It has a relatively HUGE 7" android based touch screen and she will be able to see and use it just fine because it is like her cell phone. If it was made of exotica the likes of testicles of lesbos and such and its performance (and price) based upon frAudiophile "principals" and ugly plain, I would not have bought it. That it looks Space Age cool and seems to work great, make me happy and will doubt less please my dear friend. Schiit will never make some thing like this but who cares? There's plenty of nice stuff out there to buy but there's only one company that makes cool schiit. They will get my money again, when what ever it is catches my eye.

Schiit...I am back a couple of days and ramblin' like a 'tard. Sorry, lads!

May 2, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #32,320 of 151,659
@Jason Stoddard

A list of all the products that have moved over to aluminum tops would be much appreciated!

As far as I can see, the products on schiit.com still pictured with steel tops are:

Fulla 2
Sys
Modi 2
Mani
Wyrd
Jil

It seems to be confirmed that Sys and Modi 2 now come with aluminium tops but it would be great to hear about the rest.

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #32,321 of 151,659
For Authors, let me suggest Eric Frank Russell. Especially the short stories Jay Score and Dear Devil.

May 2, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #32,322 of 151,659
Plumbing can be scary stuff, producing sleepless nights of worry. Old pipes are the least charming part of quaint old buildings. I fully understand why plumbing is a well-paid professional trade --lots to know, and quite often difficult work.
Don't remind me :/ Our previous abode was a townhouse in a row of 4. The main sewer pipe started at our unit and sloped gently to collect the detritus of the other 3 and then bent sharply to meet the city sewer. I was traveling, my wife was at home upstairs recovering from a major medical problem. I arrive from the airport, and dirty water is sloshing under the front door. Something had obstructed the sewer line between us and the city sewer, sewage had backed up, drenching floors, furniture, rugs, drywall, even backyard plantings. Everything on the ground floor had to be ripped out, including all the walls, several months of disruption while my wife slowly recovered, over one year of fights with several insurance carriers, finally got an expensive attorney involved to settle the horror. We never had a full diagnostic of what went wrong, but roots intruding into an old-style clay sewer line and construction debris flushed down the toilet by workers in another unit seemed part of it. Just recalling it all gives me the heebie-jeebies.

May 3, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #32,323 of 151,659
Well, since this is a "scatter-shooting" thread at times, I think I'll just throw out a quick question...

Anyone using Massdrop HD6XX / Senn HD650's cans with a Schiit Magni 3 amp? I have the Magni 3 and pulled the trigger on the HD6XX drop recently. I currently listen using Hiifman HE400S heaphones which present the amp with a 22 ohm load and I'm a bit worried about the 300 ohm load of the HD 6XX's. :xf_eek:
I use HD6xx with Fulla2. Very nice sound! I do not think you need to worry about the load. Even on my phone the HD6xx go loud enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back