Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 12, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #31,261 of 150,611
By all means DON'T!!

Thanks sincerely Pietro,

But really, I'm prone to getting myself saturated with caffeine, which unfortunately predisposes me to such extemporaneous editorializing.

And yes, being an audio/electronics geek --I can get over-excited about this stuff ; )

Apr 12, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #31,262 of 150,611
You seem to be another "person who must be right." Whatever. I am through with you, and I wish you well. And by the way you could not afford any of the products my company sells. :)

I just love elitist attitudes.....only wankers have them!

Apr 12, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #31,263 of 150,611
I just love elitist attitudes.....only wankers have them!
After 4 glasses of Merlot (from a local winery)... with Queen blasting through my ModiMB-Magni3 into my cans.... wheeeeeeeeeeeee....

Moving on. :)

Apr 12, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #31,266 of 150,611
New topic: Bratwurst. Meat or mysterious food-like substance?
Simple... it's manna. I'd enjoy it with a (cold) Pilsner. BTW - apparently Otto von Bismark did NOT say that quote about politics and sausage making (that it's best not to watch either of them being made). Hmmm.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #31,268 of 150,611
John Gotti had a mouthpiece, too.

You mean the John Gotti who was prosecuted and jailed by Robert Mueller? Yes, that Robert Mueller. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 12, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #31,269 of 150,611
valhalla 2.jpg Ok now THAT is interesting! I do believe Comey referenced "Sammy The Bull" in his new book, I may have to read that one.

Above is Morgan Le Fay paying attention to a Valhalla 2, unlike Nipper (you might have to look that up), her masters voice was not involved.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #31,270 of 150,611
Ok now THAT is interesting! I do believe Comey referenced "Sammy The Bull" in his new book, I may have to read that one.

Above is Morgan Le Fay paying attention to a Valhalla 2, unlike Nipper (you might have to look that up), her masters voice was not involved.
images.jpeg

c960e5848d2e2b48d0f02d4cd67fd969.jpg
980389.jpg

Wink, where are you? Look what you've done to me!

Apr 13, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #31,271 of 150,611
You seem to be another "person who must be right." Whatever. I am through with you, and I wish you well. And by the way you could not afford any of the products my company sells. :)

And you're one of those people who lets lawyers think for you, instead of doing the easy research which says you are clearly wrong.

You have now been at this warranty issue for two days. Do you have a point? If so could you get to it. If not can we move on...

rMyRv_f-maxage-0.gif
giphy.gif
e7283ff1c29e97db9059f821d77f7eb3.gif

Wink, where are you? Look what you've done to me!
upload_2018-4-13_15-29-2.jpeg
HMV-Gromit-2.jpg

rfN7ev2.gif

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #31,273 of 150,611
Interesting. We will not stop our policy as our attorneys say we are in the clear. Unauthorized attempts to "repair" or otherwise "modify in any way" are grounds for warranty violation. Period.
If we're getting the full story here, your attorneys are, quite frankly, very likely incorrect. Not that you should trust me - but you should get a second opinion from outside counsel rather than relying solely on in-house counsel (or one group of outside counsel). If they are telling you this unequivocally so soon after the FTC has just released a memo stating it is going to be going after companies that have these policies in place, they are being highly irresponsible.

Magnuson-Moss is pretty clear. You can only void the warranty repair where evidence shows the 3rd party repair or modification is the cause of the failure. If I replace the cartridge in my turn table and the platter motor goes out, the turntable manufacturer cannot void my warranty simply because I replaced the cartridge on my own, regardless of what their policy or contract says - illegal provisions in a contract are not enforceable and there are certain rights you cannot sign away.

There's a certain amount of leeway on this - Magnuson-Moss is not a new law, and it's been tested in court plenty of times - in that 'cause of' or contributor to is fairly broad. Car manufacturers have been able to successfully argue that aftermarket exhausts and air filters are the cause of engine failures. However, these cases were not dismissed because of any policies or contracts put in place, and many went to trial. You very well might win, depending on the nature of your product and the nature of whatever repairs or modifications were made. But it would be because you were able to successfully argue that it was because these caused it - not just because you have a policy that says so.

Your lawyers should be protecting you from legal exposure and making sure you don't get dragged into a court room. It doesn't sound like they're doing that.

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #31,274 of 150,611
I think @Ableza made it very clear his legal division do understand very well what you argue here.
They do not argue against it either.
It is precisely the reason for voiding warranty you mention that they use.
So.... there's what I call "agreement" on this.

Now, can we go back to Brathwürst"?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back