Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 18, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #30,286 of 149,763
Pretty soon we will discussing the best condom brand and model......sigh.

Since I broke up with my ex-fiancee last fall, I've come to like Durex Feel Ultra Thin. :L3000:

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #30,289 of 149,763
Jason has said on another site (can't mention here) that Sol will be coming "later this year".

He also talked recently in an interview on Headphonia where he said:

"We have a product coming out shortly that includes both a new tube hybrid topology and a new type of output stage."
This is almost definitely one of the products being released. Apparently it will not super expensive either.

The other product? Who knows. Possibly the Gadget finally. But I am going bet it will not be another Analog 2 DAC considering the backlog of Yggy upgrades currently, and the absence of Mike. But I would be happily mistaken if it was an A2 Gumby :)

Ahh, thanks for the clarification, so no Sol yet. I'll assume that other unnamed site is Uber Great Sound Cousins. :beerchug:

Personally, this will be the first time I'm not super excited about a new Schiit release, mainly due to the fact -at least to me- they already have covered all the bases when it comes to product categories. Maybe a CD Transport is one of the still missing ones that would constitute a big surprise, a 2-ch Class A Amp outputting a modest amount of Watts is another one, and that's it for me, I can't think of anything else, since they have already say "never" to a streaming device and "not in the feasible future" when it comes to transducers, due to a lack of expertise/know how that would allows them to make something possessing that Schiit Sparkle (what a new term) that would leave the competition in the dust.

You're right about The Gadget being a possibility this time, though I can't remember Mike posting anything relevant (during the last month or so) about it that could indicate they've overcome the issues that caused its delay back when everyone expected it.

Do we have a date for this new release, like tomorrow or it's more like next friday? (I guess I'm getting excited :o2smile:)

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #30,290 of 149,763
@OldRoadToad
Which Rhiannon Giddens album did you buy? I have “Freedom Road”, which I love, but have yet to try her other records. Spotify beckons....

Mar 18, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #30,292 of 149,763
As life goals go, one could do worse .... do you remember what they attached the column to / too?

Unfortunately I do not. Never got to see the final product or follow up on it's construction.

Mar 18, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #30,293 of 149,763
... We also have no other Wi-Fi signals than our own except on and off we see our nearest neighbor's wi-fi at very low signal strength. ...
My situation is the opposite. I can easily see a dozen WiFi names, there are high tension lines less than a mile away. And that transformer thingy is in my front yard but appears to do me no good. ;-(

Mar 18, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #30,295 of 149,763
Mar 18, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #30,296 of 149,763
My situation is the opposite. I can easily see a dozen WiFi names, there are high tension lines less than a mile away. And that transformer thingy is in my front yard but appears to do me no good. ;-(

Well, it's not going to filter much RMI/EMI but it should do a great job on line noise. High tension lines can really radiate a bunch of interference. Not to rub it in but the main power lines to the xformer are buried too.

Mar 18, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #30,298 of 149,763
Yes, it’s “Freedom Highway”, not Road. I think ORT copied my mistake, which I made due to my being English.
Here, I drive my car down the road, not my automobile down the highway... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back