Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 5, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #29,641 of 150,590
36991090-70E9-4B32-AF96-62B9F29CA371.jpeg

Coffee is fine, but this makes music sound better... :)

Mar 5, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #29,642 of 150,590
For those who wonder about a small SS class A amp: I submit to you: the Nelson Pass designed Amp Camp Amp; class A MOSFET mono blocks each delivering 6 watts into 8 ohms.

I assume you got the kit from diyaudio store? Is it just me, or is the Amp Camp Amp Kit always sold out? I check once in awhile, and it never seems to be available.

I just want the Magni 3 of 2 channel amps to use with my bookshelf speakers, is that too much to ask for? :triportsad: Perhaps there are other recommendations?

Mar 5, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #29,643 of 150,590
I always say that I have a "trauma" when it comes to coffee, simply cause during my electronic engineering days at my univ, I usually had to study or work on reports during all night (some days until the sun was up again) so coffee was my allied during those times.

Today (I'm 42 years old) I only need to smell a little bit of coffee and all the memories and even that physical feeling of tiredness appear immediately.

I think it's both cool and uncool at the same time how our memories are linked to taste & smell (among others).
Happy Birthday!

Mar 5, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #29,644 of 150,590
Mine are linked primarily to sound and secondarily to sight. Those two, when stimulated will stir the kid within me.

The smell of baking cookies or apple/cinnamon pie...mmm. Takes me back to my grandparents.
Can a good Class A amp do that...maybe, when inside a cupboard with the right ingredients.

Mar 5, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #29,645 of 150,590
I'll sum up my coffee-addiction journey this way: I became totally addicted while in the Navy in the 1970's and to this day I drink 5 to 7 cups a day. Over the years I've tried nearly every sort of machine from simple pour-over Mellita filter holders to cold brews, French presses, manual espresso makers and super-automatics, and my taste preference is always met by a basic Krupps drip coffee maker. I have a very nice Baratza grinder that I still use, but no more careful measuring or obsessive attention to temperature. I just grind what looks right to my eyeball, dump it in a paper filter in the drip machine, and let it brew using filtered tap water. It works great and it tastes good to me. Lately I've been drinking Costa Rican Tarrazu coffee, medium roast. I ordered a bag to try the Ethiopian blend that was recommended as I love the taste of coffee. And my brain needs the caffeine. :)
So on the rare occasions you are in grumpyville, can we assume that's because you have only had 4 or 5 cups?:) Somehow my imagination has you at the Schiitr drinking all the coffee!

Mar 5, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #29,651 of 150,590
So on the rare occasions you are in grumpyville, can we assume that's because you have only had 4 or 5 cups?:) Somehow my imagination has you at the Schiitr drinking all the coffee!
Lack of caffeine does not make me grumpy, that is just my normal state. So when I say something that can be translated as "you kids get off my lawn!" it's just because I'm a natural jerk who's on the north side of 60. :)

Mar 5, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #29,652 of 150,590
I assumed he had something in mind when he said it and was hoping for some information in advance of watching and finding out. Perhaps other tidbits of information may be correlated with this and some kind of inference, or at least a reasoned speculation made.
He's likely talking about <redacted> and if so then we've known about it for over a year. :)

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #29,654 of 150,590
He's likely talking about <redacted> and if so then we've known about it for over a year. :)

We've known for a while that <redacted> was in the plans, but Jason's post seemed to imply that the new <redacted> circuit had caused them to put aside plans for <redacted> and instead pursue <redacted> which will use the new <redacted> circuit.

I will stand by my prejudice that if it has tubes, I'm not buying it. There is only one tube device I would buy from Schiit and that is the new circuit board coaster.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back