Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 25, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #29,432 of 150,655
I hope you're kidding. It's normal to provide an estimated shipping date, it's normal to inform the customer when the product has shipped, it should be normal to keep them in the loop when anything slips. MrSpeakers managed to inform me about their electrostat pad issues, and Schiit sells a lot more, so they had a lot more reason to figure out a low friction system to make this possible.

You have the new ether E?

Feb 25, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #29,433 of 150,655
I hope you're kidding. It's normal to provide an estimated shipping date, it's normal to inform the customer when the product has shipped, it should be normal to keep them in the loop when anything slips. MrSpeakers managed to inform me about their electrostat pad issues, and Schiit sells a lot more, so they had a lot more reason to figure out a low friction system to make this possible.

Yup. I get them all the time from Best Buy and Narnes & Boble. Speaking of the latter, I just bought a new CD from a Bluegrass (kinda traditional) group I had not heard of! I am listening to it now, the album is "leaving eden" by the "Carolina Chocolate Drops". Sweet music to my ears, indeed. I am a nut for traditional Bluegrass. So far, so good and if it's all this good, I shall get more of their stuff.

Feb 25, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #29,434 of 150,655
You have the new ether E?
Nope, but the pads for the Voce are compatible with the Ether line, and quite different, so I'm curious about their effect on the sound.
For a while you were able to order them on their website, but then they ran out of stock because of the Voce production and a bad batch of pads from the manufacturer, while also having a bug in their shop system that prevented them from showing it as out of stock. So they completely removed the pads from the shop for now. That happened a day after I ordered and they told me via email that it would be a while (one month at the time, which is about over). I appreciated being kept in the loop.

Feb 25, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #29,435 of 150,655
No offense, but what planet are you from? Outside of a possible email informing me of a backorder, I have never received proactive communication from any vendor about delays in delivery.
I have, from vendors big and small. I find it normal to be informed of delays in delivery. I am surprised to hear that Schiit doesn't do it.

Feb 25, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #29,436 of 150,655
Yup. I get them all the time from Best Buy and Narnes & Boble. Speaking of the latter, I just bought a new CD from a Bluegrass (kinda traditional) group I had not heard of! I am listening to it now, the album is "leaving eden" by the "Carolina Chocolate Drops". Sweet music to my ears, indeed. I am a nut for traditional Bluegrass. So far, so good and if it's all this good, I shall get more of their stuff.

Yeah they're good but it's hard to characterize their genre which may be what makes them interesting. They can do Bluegrass, Old time, fiddle music and folk and none of it is exactly like you heard it before.

Feb 25, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #29,437 of 150,655

Uptone Audio does a great job on this also.. not as big an operation as Schiit, but this function should be fairly easy to automate...

Feb 25, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #29,438 of 150,655
Yeah they're good but it's hard to characterize their genre which may be what makes them interesting. They can do Bluegrass, Old time, fiddle music and folk and none of it is exactly like you heard it before.

And that is what I like about their music. Some songs remind me of "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" and others of the music of "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou". I enjoy "traditional country" music and absolutely despise what my younger brother has named, "Hick-Hop" (he hates that stuff too).

Feb 25, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #29,440 of 150,655
Hick-Hop is funny. But you know, who are we to criticize? It's whatever floats your boat. I think the CCDs have a pretty unique sound and often throw them in the mix.

Yeah, but I just like what I like. Kinda like Popeye. I yam what I yam, ergo I yam as judgmental as Hades some times but I figure it is better than saying I like every thing, cuz I do not! LOL!

ORT (The Grumpy):deadhorse::beerchug:

Feb 25, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #29,441 of 150,655
No offense, but what planet are you from? Outside of a possible email informing me of a backorder, I have never received proactive communication from any vendor about delays in delivery. Unless the vendor is selling a dozen units a week, this is a totally unreasonable expectation. Just my opinion :)
Uh. Basically every vendor I've ever ordered from has kept me appraised of delays beyond the originally stated shipping date. I have literally hundreds of emails from a variety of places informing me of shipping date slips.

Feb 25, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #29,442 of 150,655
Timely surprise, the link to your ST 120 build , as I'm preparing to build my own ST 120, though I'm not up for a custom chassis for this run.

Oh, that is not my build. Just a custom one that I have always admired. I wish it was. I threw in that build for ORT because it has meters, though they are mili-amp meters for biasing the output tubes and they better not dance around like a VU meter on a tape deck.

Shoot me a PM and I will share some pics, some mods and such. I do have a GZ33 rectifier tube (and a spare) and that is just beautiful if you can afford the coin. My GZ33 tubes are NOS and have the same date code I do, October of 1959, which is pretty cool.

http://usr.audioasylum.com/images/3/38829/Mullard_GZ33_Tubes2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back