Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 3, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #28,038 of 150,834
f43974f446efe5ed9bf1dfd483375c2f.jpg

Jan 3, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #28,041 of 150,834
Sound right!

Guess it depends on your position... One is Federally illegal, the other is included in the Bill of Rights. I've never touched weed, however when I lived in the PRK I partook in shooting competitions on pretty much a weekly basis...

At least it's still legal to listen to good Schitt, for now...

Jan 3, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #28,044 of 150,834
+1

Get an Yggy and you may discover that your system is complete.

Lord willing I will get a Yggy in a few months. I have been using J-River from my laptop with my Bimby. Was also wanting to get a CD transport when I get my Yggy. My Dad uses a Cambridge Audio CXC dedicated transport with his Bryston DAC. He really likes it and thinks I should get one. Was thinking that some here may have some suggestions on a good transport option.

Jan 3, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #28,048 of 150,834
Any reason a Schiit SYS couldn't be used backwards, and use the input select to switch between 2 amps to a/b speakers
I do this - source in, 2 headphone amps out. I use the switch to switch between the amps, and the volume to attenuate the signal coming into the amps. I get decent volume knob travel on each amp on high gain with relatively efficient headphones and low listening levels. No reason you couldn’t max the volume on the Sys and switch between speaker amps.

Edit - Day late and a dollar short.....

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #28,049 of 150,834
I do this - source in, 2 headphone amps out. I use the switch to switch between the amps, and the volume to attenuate the signal coming into the amps. I get decent volume knob travel on each amp on high gain with relatively efficient headphones and low listening levels. No reason you couldn’t max the volume on the Sys and switch between speaker amps.

Thanks for the reply. (MWSVette as well). When I tried it, the gain was so aggressive, by 8 or 9 O'clock (starting @ 7), it was at full volume.... I ended up going a different route. Not sure why the gain would be higher in reverse, but not worrying about it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back