Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 28, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #27,766 of 151,653
Hope you're feeling better. And, just a heads up in case you missed a couple pages, I know you have tubes, but if you don't have a big enough collection of 6SN7 tubes yet US Blues and KoshNaranek say they're not going down the rabbit hole, however I think they can't resist, and as we speak are secretly cornering the NOS market:):beerchug:

Just sayin' and glad you're enjoying Freya!
I think there's a Russian submarine somewhere that doesn't need them anymore.

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #27,769 of 151,653
My gosh! What is so special about a tube that makes it cost $1,500?
Please help me understand, @Ableza!
Thanks, RCB
Rarity makes things expensive. There are many things that are expensive because they are rare. Some of them are even rare because they sucked. Look into the rare 45 market. Records that only sold a handful of copies are going for crazy money only because they are rare, the music sucked.

Dec 28, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #27,771 of 151,653
So, like does it sound better than new tubes?
Sorry...but I know nothing about tubes, other than the English folks call them valves.

Edit...had my first question backwards.
That happens when I'm listening to Joe Bonamassa and trying to type at the same time.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #27,772 of 151,653
Hope you're feeling better. And, just a heads up in case you missed a couple pages, I know you have tubes, but if you don't have a big enough collection of 6SN7 tubes yet US Blues and KoshNaranek say they're not going down the rabbit hole, however I think they can't resist, and as we speak are secretly cornering the NOS market:):beerchug:

Just sayin' and glad you're enjoying Freya!

Wabbits are for hunting, not for chasing down holes. @KoshNaranek may be stockpiling NOS metal based mil spec 6SN7's ($3K for a matched set, a bargain I tell ya!), I've been enjoying tubeless listening for the past week+ and wondering if I'll drop them back in my Freya. And the New Year holds a new development. :sunglasses:

Dec 28, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #27,774 of 151,653
So, like it doesn't sound better than new tubes?
Sorry...but I know nothing about tubes, other than the English folks call them valves.
Good question. I'd love to hear them, but it's not gonna happen at that price. :)

Dec 28, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #27,776 of 151,653
Wabbits are for hunting, not for chasing down holes. @KoshNaranek may be stockpiling NOS metal based mil spec 6SN7's ($3K for a matched set, a bargain I tell ya!), I've been enjoying tubeless listening for the past week+ and wondering if I'll drop them back in my Freya. And the New Year holds a new development. :sunglasses:
US Blues, what new development for the new year.

Dec 28, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #27,778 of 151,653
I can try my great uncle Toad for financing an experiment with my Freya.
The Toadish One may have a stock pile just waiting on the right supply moment to the Head-Fi masses.
What a vision that brings!

Dec 28, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #27,780 of 151,653
Good question. I'd love to hear them, but it's not gonna happen at that price. :)
Oh come on, just go for it. Think of those vintage electrons just obediently sitting there, as the decades slip by, waiting to make their jump through the vacuum and deliver sonic bliss to your ears. :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back