Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 12, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #27,361 of 150,602
If you find that mute-button there is a woman here who would like to order one too I think :)
Can`t wait to come and sit with you and listen to Freya!
The two women at your household get the button for free.
And a medal for endurance.
See you soon.

Dec 12, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #27,362 of 150,602
Good to read your rig is back up, connected properly and sounding great, Pietro!
Time for some Marcus or Hiromi with remote volume control.

Dec 12, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #27,365 of 150,602
I agree. My HP amp - the wonderful Bryston BHA-1 - has a balance adjustment. I use it to combat ear wax buildup from time to time.
Removing ear wax isn't all that easy! Especially when it's like tar. So, easier to adjust the amp's balance than go to the hydrogen peroxide.
:) All.

I got an ear infection in the first half of the year. I am about 20 dB down in my left ear. To experience that, put a good earplug in your left ear, then put on your headphones. Yeah. “Centre stage” skews off to the right. I can fix that with my speakers, because I have a balance control, but when I’m out walking the dog with my AKG 551s (yes, I get weird looks: I don’t care) the soundstage is always off centre. That’s why Schiit’s amps are not on my Christmas wish list (although DACs are... : ).

For me, a balance control is now mandatory. That’s part of the reason my amp dates back to before the high end eschewed such frippery. The other part is that there’s enough poorly engineered recordings out there with good music and bad stereo that I want a knob within arms’ reach to tweak centre as necessary.

Dec 12, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #27,366 of 150,602
Yes it's all balanced.
Rag volume is at 3/4 gain at highest and I use Freya volume for control.

Thank you. I have not considered doing something like that as I have been very happy with my Rggy as is. I have had my Rggy since August. I have a Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer that can be used between your DAC and preamp or amp. Have not used it for several years. I may install that between my Bimby and Rggy and see how it impacts the sound.

Dec 12, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #27,367 of 150,602
Thank you. I have not considered doing something like that as I have been very happy with my Rggy as is. I have had my Rggy since August. I have a Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer that can be used between your DAC and preamp or amp. Have not used it for several years. I may install that between my Bimby and Rggy and see how it impacts the sound.
I never considered this although I have the X-10 V3.
It has no balanced in and/or out.

Dec 12, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #27,368 of 150,602
I never considered this although I have the X-10 V3.
It has no balanced in and/or out.

I currently use a Bimby with the Rggy so it would work fine. However when I get the Yggy the X-10 V3 would no longer be considered due to it not being balanced as you point out. I personally find that the Rggy while having all of the virtues of solid state also has a few tube virtues. Some but not all. I have a SET tube headphone amp called the Mapletree Ear+HD and it has a sweetness to the highs that I have never heard from any solid state amp. However really do not use the Mapletree much anymore as I prefer the Rggy by a considerable margin overall with my cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back