Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 11, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #27,331 of 151,661
@Jason Stoddard, there is a lot of discussion of back-ordered Eitr shipping time over at the Eitr thread and I see a lot of confusion that I always had about the estimated shipping times on your websites. Maybe you can clarify it here?

Eitr shows "Orders estimated to ship the week of December 8th". Magni 3 shows "ship the week of December 8th" and "ship the week of December 15th" for different orders. But December 8th and 15th are Fridays. A week starts on Monday. What are the seven days meant by those messages? 7 days from Dec. 8th? Monday through Sunday that includes Dec. 8th? People get high hopes after reading those messages. But it's very confusing when it's written "the week of [Friday]".

If I were to say the week of December 11th (Monday), as opposed to the week of December 15th (Friday), then on December 12th we would get a barrage of angry email from people when we didn't ship on the 11th. When we say the week of the 15th then people actually give us the entire week to ship before bombarding us with emails.

We're keeping a pretty conservative shipping target on Magni 3 and we are actually quite a bit ahead of shipping projections. Always under promise and over deliver, especially at Christmas. I updated the Magni 3 status on Saturday. It has our current best estimate.

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #27,337 of 151,661
st install the Super DuPont mod and you won't need a 6K band....... :ksc75smile:

I'm one of those guy's who think there is more trade off than what it is worth for the Super DuPont, HD800S, Sonarworks, insert $1k headphone cable. Allot of the 6k troubles to me gets resolved with the right amp which imo. would be a used wheatfield/ headroom/ Apex amp or ECP amp. The se-p900 is the icing on the cake for me. Allowing me to pinpoint up to 6 different frequencies while remaining completely transparent and not messing with the what I consider to be the hd800's delicate head stage.

I believe @US Blues, was referring to a "balance control", to control the volume between the left/right channels. Not a balanced circuit topology.

That would be cool.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #27,338 of 151,661
The balanced isn't as necessary as you think and I was all for a balanced uber loki. I have been lucky enough to have a loki mini, ARS model 2200 (balanced) and Sony se-p900 (SE like the loki). The Sony was the most expensive, and the best of the lot by quite a margin. The loki wasn't too far off the model 2200.

Using the loki mini as a guide for what is to come I think the loki uber should be stellar even if it is just SE. Just put a 6k band on it for those pesky hd800's.
"The Loki wasn't too far off the ARS model 2200."
The 2200 is listed at $1,450. It does have 10 bands and is balanced.
The Loki is listed at $150.
Good to read they sound similar. Thanks.

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #27,339 of 151,661
Oh no...the content-police are back.
Quick...hide your noise and make sure you look real technical or they will kill you with pure signal.

@sovereign
It was mentioned that it would be better to contact the people at Schiit-info or sales with these questions about stock.
Which it probably is because no-one here can really awnser them for you. I think Jason is a bit busy to be awnsering every stock/update question on his blog.(he might just be f5-ing the Schiit out if it all day as well, nobody knows).
So the quickest and most reliable way would be to just email Schiit.

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #27,340 of 151,661
I really don't understand the need for a stereo balance control with today's gear, but an easy solution would be to insert a mono level control into both left and right signal paths then set each to your desired levels.
Maybe today's systems does not require one, but what about the listener? Maybe the listener has lost some of his listening in one ear, then I think it would be useful.

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #27,341 of 151,661
Jason repeatedly asks us NOT to inquire about stock, repairs, service items etc on this thread.
The example here is one of many.

Again, best to email orders@schiit.com for clarification.

If you had read former posts you should know this is a common understanding here and rightly so.

Yes, cats are appropriate. Its fun.
Just like @winders driving his Porsche like a 14 year old girl on high heels.
All big fun.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #27,342 of 151,661
Maybe today's systems does not require one, but what about the listener? Maybe the listener has lost some of his listening in one ear, then I think it would be useful.
Sure. But it's not exactly a good business model to create products addressing a possible issue that 0.1% of the population might suffer. Especially when solutions for that small group already exist in the world...

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #27,343 of 151,661
Oh no...the content-police are back.
Quick...hide your noise and make sure you look real technical or they will kill you with pure signal.

@sovereign
It was mentioned that it would be better to contact the people at Schiit-info or sales with these questions about stock.
Which it probably is because no-one here can really awnser them for you. I think Jason is a bit busy to be awnsering every stock/update question on his blog.(he might just be f5-ing the Schiit out if it all day as well, nobody knows).
So the quickest and most reliable way would be to just email Schiit.

Well, my post was in response to Alex Martin from Schiit who decided to attempt to clarify the shipping estimates on their website, so that they would not "get a barrage of angry email from people".

I thought that there may be more accurate info forthcoming from a Schiit rep, who chose to reply in this thread minutes before, vs. emailing Schiit and getting a copy and paste from the product page, which is all that one does get as a reply.

Apologies for triggering some in this thread. Carry on with whatever is "appropriate". Out.

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #27,344 of 151,661
Well, my post was in response to Alex Martin from Schiit who decided to attempt to clarify the shipping estimates on their website, so that they would not "get a barrage of angry email from people".

I thought that there may be more accurate info forthcoming from a Schiit rep, who chose to reply in this thread minutes before, vs. emailing Schiit and getting a copy and paste from the product page, which is all that one does get as a reply.

Apologies for triggering some in this thread. Carry on with whatever is "appropriate". Out.
I understand the confusing as I was confused about that post too.
So now he gets the 30 minutes ABBA punishment. Not you.
Stay.. This is really a very nice thread.
You're very welcome here.

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #27,345 of 151,661
If I were to say the week of December 11th (Monday), as opposed to the week of December 15th (Friday), then on December 12th we would get a barrage of angry email from people when we didn't ship on the 11th. When we say the week of the 15th then people actually give us the entire week to ship before bombarding us with emails.

We're keeping a pretty conservative shipping target on Magni 3 and we are actually quite a bit ahead of shipping projections. Always under promise and over deliver, especially at Christmas. I updated the Magni 3 status on Saturday. It has our current best estimate.
Thank you, Alex. That's a great update from your side.
Your transparency and customer service rock the industry!

We know you guys are working like Heiil to deliver your Schiit gear orders.
In the face of the all-consuming wild fires that threaten to take your homes and business.

As for the cat posts - enjoy it folks.
Where else can you get such a diverse offering of eclectic education?

Rock on, y'all.
RCBinTN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back