Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 8, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #27,316 of 150,198
Scary stuff, makes me glad I live in the UK where natural disasters are generally on a much smaller scale. Hope everyone stays safe over there!

My friend who lives on the north coast of Scotland had her shutters ripped off by wind, and when she went out to deal with it, got knocked down and blown across her yard and into the neighbour's fence. Storm Caroline is pretty fierce.

Dec 9, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #27,317 of 150,198
My friend who lives on the north coast of Scotland had her shutters ripped off by wind, and when she went out to deal with it, got knocked down and blown across her yard and into the neighbour's fence. Storm Caroline is pretty fierce.

Okay that does sound pretty grim! I hope she is okay! Maybe I will redefine to England?

Dec 11, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #27,319 of 150,198
Thanks for the clarification. When you say "half the cost," are you referring to the list price of a Freya or Yggy? I have to start budgeting now.

PS- Please don't forget the balance control. :raised_hands:

The balanced isn't as necessary as you think and I was all for a balanced uber loki. I have been lucky enough to have a loki mini, ARS model 2200 (balanced) and Sony se-p900 (SE like the loki). The Sony was the most expensive, and the best of the lot by quite a margin. The loki wasn't too far off the model 2200.

Using the loki mini as a guide for what is to come I think the loki uber should be stellar even if it is just SE. Just put a 6k band on it for those pesky hd800's.

Dec 11, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #27,322 of 150,198
The balanced isn't as necessary as you think and I was all for a balanced uber loki. I have been lucky enough to have a loki mini, ARS model 2200 (balanced) and Sony se-p900 (SE like the loki). The Sony was the most expensive, and the best of the lot by quite a margin. The loki wasn't too far off the model 2200.

Using the loki mini as a guide for what is to come I think the loki uber should be stellar even if it is just SE. Just put a 6k band on it for those pesky hd800's.

I believe @US Blues, was referring to a "balance control", to control the volume between the left/right channels. Not a balanced circuit topology.

Dec 11, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #27,323 of 150,198
I believe @US Blues, was referring to a balance control, to control the volume between the left/right channels. Not a balanced circuit topology.

Yes, thank you. Jason talked me out of the balanced circuit topology, I'm still talking him into a balance control (an asinine omission from audio gear, IMHO). :innocent:

Dec 11, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #27,324 of 150,198
Yes, thank you. Jason talked me out of the balanced circuit topology, I'm still talking him into a balance control (an asinine omission from audio gear, IMHO). :innocent:

I would love to have a balance control, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Hey, if you've got Jason's ear could you tell him that the vinyl geezers wouldn't mind a mono button while we're at it? :sunglasses:

Dec 11, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #27,325 of 150,198
I would love to have a balance control, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Hey, if you've got Jason's ear could you tell him that the vinyl geezers wouldn't mind a mono button while we're at it? :sunglasses:

I do not have Jason's ear any more than the rest of the folks on this thread. Think of it as a commoner petitioning the King. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 11, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #27,326 of 150,198
I really don't understand the need for a stereo balance control with today's gear, but an easy solution would be to insert a mono level control into both left and right signal paths then set each to your desired levels.

Dec 11, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #27,328 of 150,198
I love the idea!

The Schiitr has been successful enough that Tyler wants to convince me to do more. I expect the international ones would be in conjunction with a distributor, though. And there are no solid plans at the moment, just talking about stuff...

May I cast a vote for an east coast Schittr in Providence, RI? Close to Boston and NYC, lower operating costs than either, easy to get to, right off of route 95. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back