Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 29, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #25,112 of 150,514
I'm all for that! Better yet how about a pre-amp with both digital I/O and analog I/O? Done right it could eliminate a lot of cables and interconnects. Freya without tubes would helpful since I never want to see another tube.

Sep 29, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #25,113 of 150,514

Just out of curiosity, can you power your HE-6 with your Valhalla? I would have thought that was Lyr and up territory, + probably a Jotunheim via balanced,

I can reach medium volume levels with the dial anything between half and max. It's not ideal and most people would cringe, but the HE-6 came after the Valhalla 2 because I just had to have one, and I haven't had the opportunity to upgrade the amp yet. I use my HD650s on a much more regular basis due to the lack of headroom on the HE-6, which is a bit of a shame :frowning2:

Sep 29, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #25,114 of 150,514
Still a real unhappy Constanza

AntiCatSchiit2.jpg

Sep 29, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #25,119 of 150,514
Now here's an improvement a cannot keep secret.
It really works.
Sorry for the dust but I'm in the midst of a renovation.

Wait, don't distrurb that dust - It's genuine certified A grade 100% pixie dust. The only thing to coax all the plankton out of the recording and into your transducers....
upload_2017-9-29_20-37-55.gif

... and for Costanza, may i recommend one of these...?

upload_2017-9-29_20-39-4.jpeg

Sep 29, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #25,120 of 150,514
That photo got me thinking... what's the largest Schiit stack that you could do with the Modi-sized chassis now?

Throw in a Mani, SYS, Eitr, and for entertainment, a couple of Wyrds... I'm not saying it should be done, but it would be funny to see it.

I was just thinking about this. If I had a bunch of money I didn't know what else to do with, and I wanted to see how big of schiit stack I could get in my setup and have each piece actually doing something, I came up with this.
Sources: PC, CD player, Cassette deck, Turntable
Cd Player -> Modi Multibit
PC->Etir->Modi Multibit->Sys1
Turntable->Mani->Sys 1

Sys 1->Sys 2
Cassette Deck->Sys 2

Sys 2->Loki Mini->Sys 3

Sys 3 -> Magni 3
Sys 3 -> Vali 2

So, by my count, I could have a Schiit stack 9 high for a total cost of $1,110. :)

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #25,121 of 150,514
I was just thinking about this. If I had a bunch of money I didn't know what else to do with, and I wanted to see how big of schiit stack I could get in my setup and have each piece actually doing something, I came up with this.
Sources: PC, CD player, Cassette deck, Turntable
Cd Player -> Modi Multibit
PC->Etir->Modi Multibit->Sys1
Turntable->Mani->Sys 1

Sys 1->Sys 2
Cassette Deck->Sys 2

Sys 2->Loki Mini->Sys 3

Sys 3 -> Magni 3
Sys 3 -> Vali 2

So, by my count, I could have a Schiit stack 9 high for a total cost of $1,110. :)
Should probably put a Wyrd in between the PC and the Eitr just in case, and to make it an even decastack.

Sep 29, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #25,122 of 150,514
I'm all for that! Better yet how about a pre-amp with both digital I/O and analog I/O? Done right it could eliminate a lot of cables and interconnects. Freya without tubes would helpful since I never want to see another tube.

Jason already thought of this when he incorporated a passive and JFET mode. The nice thing about the Saga (and assuming Freya) is that it can be run without any tubes installed.

Of course, the primary reason I bought a Saga (and would upgrade to a Freya) is for toobz and MOAR toobz. But if you don't want to see them, just don't install them and use the alternate output modes.

Sep 29, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #25,123 of 150,514
There is no balanced-se conversion in either JFET buffer mode or passive mode though. I bet a lot of people are eyeing that capability intensely.

Sep 29, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #25,124 of 150,514
There is no balanced-se conversion in either JFET buffer mode or passive mode though. I bet a lot of people are eyeing that capability intensely.

There is no “SE to Balanced” conversion when not in tube gain mode. You get “Balanced to SE” conversion in all three available modes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back