Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 22, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #22,486 of 151,038
It had it's moment...

breaking-bad-walter-white-dad-cars.jpg

Jul 22, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #22,489 of 151,038
Boys like fart jokes at 10, at 40, at 70.

I'm curious what percentage of Schiit customers are female. If it's more than 20%, I would be shocked.

Jul 22, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #22,491 of 151,038
I would hazzard a guess that of the Schiit customers that are female the majority of them are buying a gift for someone who is male. It would be a curious statistic to know, including how many actual female Schiit head users there are percentage wise compared to the percentage of female head-fi members.

Jason should give out Schiit logo whoopee cushions to the attendees of the first Schiit Show at the Schiitr. Could start a trend....

Jul 22, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #22,492 of 151,038
En vous remerciant de la confiance que vous me témoignez, je vous prie d'agréer, Messieurs, l'assurance de ma considération distinguée.
Using a standard sentence out of a tutorial "How to finish a business letter in French". Takes it a step further.

E pericoloso de sporgersi.

Jul 22, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #22,494 of 151,038

I'm curious what percentage of Schiit customers are female. If it's more than 20%, I would be shocked.

I would be surprised if it were more than 1%. I have not seen more than a few women on HF, or at least ones who posted as women, in over a decade.

Regarding the digestive jokes. I am now heavily invested in their excellent equipment but it took years before I viewed them seriously.

The company name will always encourage those jokes. Luckily they make great stuff.

Jul 22, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #22,495 of 151,038
I would be surprised if it were more than 1%. I have not seen more than a few women on HF, or at least ones who posted as women, in over a decade.

Regarding the digestive jokes. I am now heavily invested in their excellent equipment but it took years before I viewed them seriously.

The company name will always encourage those jokes. Luckily they make great stuff.

I love their stuff, but personally hate the name. In and of itself the name is ok. But it encourages many people to try to prove how original and clever they are by using it in some lame attempt at humor. Gets old fast.

PS. Don't mind me. I'm just a grumpy old man !!!

Jul 22, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #22,496 of 151,038
I love their stuff, but personally hate the name. In and of itself the name is ok. But it encourages many people to try to prove how original and clever they are by using it in some lame attempt at humor. Gets old fast.

Hmmm. When they chose the name they chose for the consequences I guess.
And they don't give a Schiit.

Jul 22, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #22,497 of 151,038
I think you're right on both accounts.
But I also know girls like fart jokes just as much but play the shame game better than us.

Jul 22, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #22,498 of 151,038
For any one upset or worried about the name of the company or the inevitable jokes that follow, I recommend re-reading Chapter 4 of this book. Then get your Schiit together and get over yourself.

Jul 22, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #22,499 of 151,038

I find it strange that general, in my experience, females seem to love popular music more than guys, if you look at the people in a "rock" concert crowd you will see loads of young ladies really getting into it, singing along with the artists, be it Stones, AC/DC, Muse - whatever, and if it is Gaga, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, and such... even more so; yet generally they have no interest in the playback equipment for their tunes.
Apple earbuds, or Beats type headphones plugged into their iPhones or running on Bluetooth, even iPhone speakers :astonished: maybe a Bluetooth speaker or low end "lifestyle" unit and that's about it.

Maybe they are the sensible ones, but I just can't bear bad reproduction - doesn't have to be "audiophile +" just half decent gear, if you have $$$s of music seems silly not to spend a few $k on replay equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back