Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 22, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #22,517 of 151,950
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't stacking toroids, like in a Schiit stack be a bad idea? Side by side they're great. There's a Jason post on that somewhere I think.

Jul 22, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #22,518 of 151,950
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't stacking toroids, like in a Schiit stack be a bad idea? Side by side they're great. There's a Jason post on that somewhere I think.
Stacking steroids is definitely a bad idea.

Jul 22, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #22,519 of 151,950
.... Oddly enough with a db meter it almost identically match's the volume of the Parasound rated at 150w. ...

Not that odd, you probably won’t actually use 100WPC anyway. I changed from a 100W to a 35W amp and it still goes louder than I’d like. I think I had a 15W-ish T-amp at some point that was loud too. At home 10 proper Watts might be plenty for most of us.

Differences in gain (amount of amplification of input signal) vary a few dB per design but I guess are relatively close to another in general so you most likely won’t notice a difference unless you bi-amp with different designs.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #22,520 of 151,950
I agree some can get old. But as time went by then Jason came up with the Schiitr. And product launches there. A little thought in the pun side of the brain led to the "double flusher".

It's Jason's thread.

My wife and I have a decades long family friend. She's in her 50's now. She is a very happy and positive person. Never brooding about stuff, never taking offense. Great blood pressure. Laughter and her are synonymous. After 30 years she still laughs if we're around a fire and someone says go get the whoopee cushion.....

+ The world needs more people like this!

Jul 22, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #22,523 of 151,950
Jul 22, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #22,525 of 151,950

You should always keep transformers and inductors far enough apart and oriented in such a way to avoid magnetic interactions between them. Good designers always do this when laying out a piece of equipment. This goes for any magnetic device. Generally, once a user has a piece of commercial equipment in their hands there is very little they can do to cause real issues, and stacking gear, toroids or not, is generally not a magnetic problem it's generally more a possible thermal issue. If the magnetic center of any two coils align and are close enough to interact, they will effect each other in interesting ways (including power being induced into one from the other even if the power is "off" on one of them.) This is a critical consideration for small signal design such as in loudspeaker crossovers.

Jul 22, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #22,526 of 151,950
Wow, that's neat.
What's on top? The picture is cropped a bit there.
And what are the round thingies on top of the right hand Schiit?
Are that tube dampeners on the Freya?

sorry about that, my room at the moment is a mess, serves as a drum room too, drum crap everywhere. but back to you question, a turntable and on the other rack my computer and monitor. the round things are Herbie`s sonic stabilizers and yes those are Herbie`s tube dampers on the 6ns7`s.

Jul 22, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #22,527 of 151,950
How is life with Yggy, has it been a month now? Are you tapping your foot more?
Yes it is and life will never be the same.
I started re-listening to all my music and somehow felt cheated out of all the things I didn't hear for all those years.
Point is... you get used to it and get to expect that quality.
So whenever I listen to music elsewhere I'm sort of disappointed.
When others come by they tend to ask what they are hearing. Even when they have the music at home themselves.
I had and heard a lot of 50k+ equipment but I seriously doubt I can do better than this.
You know I'm a balanced guy. From source to speaker out that is.
So for me there's no new Schiit at the moment.
Maybe the MP will change that.
Vinyl is a passed station.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #22,528 of 151,950
sorry about that, my room at the moment is a mess, serves as a drum room too, drum crap everywhere. but back to you question, a turntable and on the other rack my computer and monitor. the round things are Herbie`s sonic stabilizers and yes those are Herbie`s tube dampers on the 6ns7`s.
Do the sonic stabilizers work?
And if.. What do they do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back