Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 16, 2024 at 12:19 AM Post #151,936 of 153,706
I've spent most of my life in southern climates too, but spent a summer in central Wisconsin. My son was 4 at the time, and they actually had to heat the water at an outdoor water park in the middle of August or it was too cold for the kids to swim in. 🤣 And not knocking WI....summers are awesome there, they just don't last very long.
Lisbon
Edinburgh
Bay Area
Cambridge (UK)
Bay Area
Northern NJ
Philadelphia
Bay Area
Most of my personal vacations: snowy mountains.

Yes, we like the cooler version of Mediterranean climate for everyday living. Edinburgh summers were awesome for light. But I also love cold weather, something I didn't grow up with.

May 16, 2024 at 12:21 AM Post #151,937 of 153,706
This is just stunning through my EQ'd flat Sendy Aiva/Linn/Mjolnir3

QqZYvlb.png

May 16, 2024 at 12:25 AM Post #151,938 of 153,706
Cutting a floor plank, I looked away for 2 sec..and!!
The only tools I've done that level of damage (different types) with were skis. And the recovery time was comparable to what expects you. But we were having fun...

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 12:29 AM Post #151,939 of 153,706
Pizza on a college budget? Luxury! 🤣
Where I went (and this is true luxury) there was a pizza food truck that came to each dorm in turn, long before food trucks became the thing they are now.
I think it was Suicide Sub, ftw!

May 16, 2024 at 12:35 AM Post #151,940 of 153,706
May 16, 2024 at 1:14 AM Post #151,941 of 153,706
..... That is if you even need to reheat your pizza at all, as cold leftover pizza is one of life's great pleasures .....
.... not only that: how many college term papers were fueled by cold leftover pizza (washed down with vodka screwdriver)? .... 🤔📜 ....

May 16, 2024 at 1:35 AM Post #151,942 of 153,706
Thanks. I still miss it. I took a BMW R18 for a test ride today, and it had everything including cruise control and heated grips. But it buzzed instead of vibrated, lurched side to side instead of back and forth, and left me with a sore back and cramped hips. Plus, it didn't handle, not nimble at all. Gobs of torque and broad power band, with six speeds, but it did not get me interested.

IMG_7972.jpeg
That Bayeriſche Motorenwerke (München/Iſar, BY, DEU) R18W is supposed to have footpegs, NOT footboards!

May 16, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #151,943 of 153,706
Thanks. I still miss it. I took a BMW R18 for a test ride today, and it had everything including cruise control and heated grips. But it buzzed instead of vibrated, lurched side to side instead of back and forth, and left me with a sore back and cramped hips. Plus, it didn't handle, not nimble at all. Gobs of torque and broad power band, with six speeds, but it did not get me interested.

IMG_7972.jpeg
BMW Motorrad boxer is a tradition of "heavy and vibration" ......

May 16, 2024 at 3:25 AM Post #151,945 of 153,706
This is why cold pizza was invented. Saves time and zero cleanup. Unless you can't finish it. That's tomorrow's cold pizza problem. And simple solution. :joy:
Unpopular opinion (according to my wife): Cold pizza is flavorless cardboard. Half the flavor of pizza is that hot crispy greasy crunch. 😤

YMMV, etc™️

May 16, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #151,946 of 153,706
Unpopular opinion (according to my wife): Cold pizza is flavorless cardboard. Half the flavor of pizza is that hot crispy greasy crunch. 😤

YMMV, etc™️
Obviously your wife hasn't been working all night on bug-ridden code that is best debugged with cold curses and cold pizza. And warm Jolt.

Besides... hot grease or cold grease... you get both with cold pizza... unless your 1st serving is only the leftovers. That's not fair! :ksc75smile:

May 16, 2024 at 4:10 AM Post #151,947 of 153,706
Oh crap. I didn't know there were others with the 'impatient driving disorder' like me. I am willing to do just about anything for an extra 3 seconds on the road!
I call it acceleration withdrawal syndrome.

May 16, 2024 at 4:18 AM Post #151,948 of 153,706
If there is ever an ultimate Syn, how about one that's more like an add-on to Freya or Kara? So, surround, add preamp to taste....
Yes please!!

I would see this as a downstream device, following the pre-amp and adding capability to the system, rather than as a potential desktop/gaming dac/pre-amp, TV add on etc, as per the Syn in it's current incarnation.

For me it would be same size as Freya/Kara (and Lokius Max for that matter) and be something like...
- Balanced & SE out in/out for FL & FR but with SE out for all channels as well for some flexibility. (I don't see the need for balanced for the derived center and surround channels)
- a balanced to the sub(s)? Maybe.
- Remote for all controls
- no main attenuation control needed as that comes from the pre (but that might limit the market?)
- add sub level instead of main level (again pre-amp controls the level)
- "PureSchiit" pass through mode for "purist" 2 ch
- "VariSchiit" variable high pass / crossover for mains to sub(s). Analog bass mgt :relieved: (My big Tannoys are fine, but would be great to limit low end to the L&R if I want some smaller speakers)
- stereo L+R sub? (maybe!) …2.1 or 2.2 mode
- a few presets a 'la Lokius Max

- no dac needed (for me)
- no HP amp needed (for me)

When does the beta program start? :thinking:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back