Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 21, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #21,211 of 149,764
Here's what I wrote back when I still had both A2 and Jot:
Thanks. What sort of HP' brought that glare /stress out i in the A2?

Still am NOT loving this new site format. ... // ...If I miss out one one product release because of a malfunctioning alert badge, well, then my boys at the NSA are just gonna have to bring some Holy Schiit down on this here site's keepers!!!

LOL. Same issues here. It's like it only alerts me of the thread im actually on. Pretty useless.

Jun 22, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #21,212 of 149,764
In my mobile Google Chrome browser it shows my most visited pages when I open a new tab, so I just visit the subscribed threads page a bunch of times and now its right there whenever I open a new tab.

As for the alerts, as long as I've visited the thread since the last alert I will get a new alert for the thread.

Jun 22, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #21,213 of 149,764
Jun 22, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #21,214 of 149,764
@MOFOfunk my vote goes for Asgard 2 + Mimby first or Vali 2 + Mimby second. It depends if your brother can stand the size difference in between the two boxes. I understand mix matched components might bother people.

Disclaimer, I own both Magni 2 Uber and Vali as well as Mimby. I have never heard Jot. I have only heard Asgard 2, Valhalla 2, Lyr 2 and Ragnarok once at a cam jam a couple of years ago.

Jun 22, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #21,215 of 149,764
Thank you guys for all the impressions and suggestions. This was much more help than I could have hoped for.

The score so far:
4 Mimby + Vali2
3 Mimby + Asgard2
1 Mimby + MagniU2
3 Jotunheim w/DAC

And if the budget is streched...
3 Mimby + Jotunheim

It's great to see all the love for for the Asgard2. The original is still going strong.
Mimby also seems to be a must for most of you which only leaves Asgard2 and Vali2 and magniU2 within the budget.
Then Jotunheim keeps coming up and is looking very interesting. And I'm a bit surprised to see so much praise for the built in DAC module.

@earnmyturns I wonder what gains you experienced going from A2 to Jot.

Another vote for Jot + Mimby... I have that combo running into Oppo PM-2s as well as into a power amp for speakers. It's outstanding IMHO

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #21,216 of 149,764
I'm now running a Jot+Bimby (both black, very important ), and have been very happy. I was using it to drive HE-500s, but after experimenting with other phones I found I'm loving a (very well broken in) AQ NightHawk. The Jot shows so much control with extension with both phones, which put very different loads on the amp (though similar impedance), yet without glare. In fact, since I have both single ended and balanced cables, I can drive both cans at the same time. I'm continually impressed with that amp!

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #21,217 of 149,764
Sir Jason of Stoddard -

What ever you make, make it look bitchin'. Give it style. Make me want it just looking at it. Make it Sophia Loren. Because while I do not really need any more equipment, I am far more likely to buy more equipment if it looks tits.

Tits is a 60s term for bitchin'. I have no doubts that the sound that will be decodified and reproducified by any thing made by Schiit will be, again, tits. But if the Schitt don't look tits, the Toad ain't purchasing. Looks matter. Given that I some how managed to marry, I can under stand that statement being questionable. It needs to make me look and look again. If it grabs me by the eyes then it will make me want to grab my wallet.

Jun 22, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #21,219 of 149,764
I`m running out of green tea!
Edit:
Yo Pietro! How is things with the Rag? And did YggY reach nirvana yet?
The Rag will come back today.
Don't know what was wrong yet but it's bloody fast.
And the Yggy... well .... I'm re-listening all my favorites and hearing all new stuff.
It's amazing really.

Jun 22, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #21,220 of 149,764
The Rag will come back today.
Don't know what was wrong yet but it's bloody fast.
And the Yggy... well .... I'm re-listening all my favorites and hearing all new stuff.
It's amazing really.
I`m doing the same but with the gungnir. And stuff I didn`t really listen to for a while turns out to be awesome again.
Jimi Hendrix, Bowie, Tom Waits, Pixies all sound like new. Especially with headphones.
It`s fun. So I`m gonna hold off on the multibit upgrade, because when I eventually upgrade, I get to do this all again.

btw: glad you`ll get it back this fast.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #21,222 of 149,764
Jun 22, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #21,225 of 149,764
Can you adopt me as your brother and reserve that money for either my Eitr or my MP?
In real life I'm very sociable and cook a nice dinner.
We can have my birthday any day you like.

If you were my brother HP gear would be the last thing you would get. More likely a gift card for some sort of outdoor experience , hiking shoes or a membership for the local climbing club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back