Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 17, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #19,051 of 149,401
Can we go back to stressing about the Vidar release date, MQA, and the usual? 
evil_smiley.gif
L3000.gif
beerchug.gif

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #19,052 of 149,401
Apr 17, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #19,055 of 149,401
Sorry, my bad.

I'm not familiar with this Harley guy I just assumed he ran an independent website.

I haven't read a print magazine since the mid 90's. I sometimes forget they still exist.

Who even buys anything in print anymore? That's like stone age stuff.

I still have a subscription to Rolling Stone.  Just can't get into the on-line version.  Ah well, ya know.

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #19,060 of 149,401
Hmmm...that would be rational.

Actually, the tube manufacturing process is one of those rare processes that is impervious to CI methodologies. Therefore, we are relegated to hunting through abandoned warehouses in the middle of Russia, etc. to find the really listenable tubes and then spending hours trying to match their properties -- which may only stay similar for a few hours/days/months.
wink.gif

"the tube manufacturing process is one of those rare processes that is impervious to CI methodologies."  

An interesting thought.  Can you please explain how the process can't be improved?  Thanks.

As a SSBB, I've never seen a process that could not be improved via CI / DMAIC process improvement methods...

All the best -
RCBinTN

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #19,061 of 149,401
While Vidar (and MP) is still cooking, me thinks that Jason & Mike are on the brink of a massive news drop. Eitr, DAC upgrades and more. A new chapter is coming. (Forget MQA.DSD? Hmmm.)

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #19,062 of 149,401

That just has to be a Country&Western lyric...

My fave country lyric: "I got tears in my ears from lyin' on my back and cryin' over you." Sheer poetry.

I couldn't resist...

"Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys.  Don't let 'em pick guitars and drive them old trucks...let 'em be doctors and lawyers and such."

Enjoy your music!
RCBinTN

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #19,064 of 149,401

I couldn't resist...

"Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys.  Don't let 'em pick guitars and drive them old trucks...let 'em be doctors and lawyers and such."

Enjoy your music!
RCBinTN

Bless your little pea pickin' heart. "Cowboys" is one of my favorites. That, and "Beer For My Horses."
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #19,065 of 149,401
Could Eitr be a combined product :rocket: :rocket:. An ethernet/ bluetooth / bomb ass usb isolator -> spdif / AES/EBU unit.
And AES/EBU boards to all the upgradable DACs. ??

Personally, I hope you are right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back