Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 17, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #19,037 of 150,992
   I walk like Frankenstein though...LOL!

You walk like doctor Frankenstein or like the "monster" he created?
deadhorse.gif

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #19,039 of 150,992
Is anyone using the Fulla 2 with a lightning-cabled iPhone?

If so, what adapter(s) are you using?

We're locked down tighter than *redacted* at work and my iTunes playlist is getting a little old so I'm forced to stream over my phone. It'll also lighten my load when I'm travelling.

Thanks for any input.

Apr 17, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #19,041 of 150,992
Apr 17, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #19,042 of 150,992
  @earnmyturns
FYI I bought 10 Bill Frisell albums today.
No Schiit (keeping on topic here)
Payed for out of Constanza's toy budget.
Now she thinks you're a moron and loves me dearly again after the vet visit 3 days ago.

@cozzi Wow, you really got hooked :) I've been to many live concerts with him, solo, his own band, or as a member of other bands. It's really interesting to watch him play. He frequently looks as if he's lost, looking for the right fingering or the right switch to press on one of the many sound-making/modifying gadgets around his feet. As a listener I get worried that he's about to go off-track, but then the exact right chord for the moment comes out. He looks like an absent-minded professor always about to get in trouble but saved by his very absent-mindedness at the last moment. One time, one of his gadgets was not working and he good-naturedly unplugged it and threw it backstage with a self-deprecating not to the audience. 

If your albums include Greg Leisz (lap steel and pedal steel guitar, etc) or Jenny Scheinman, they are very worth paying attention to. Scheinman has several excellent albums, including the recent "Here on Earth," with Bill Frisell as well.

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #19,044 of 150,992
We need more Dudes like the OldRoadToad!  He gets it!!   Back to being Schiit heads!!

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #19,045 of 150,992
Have you seen the May 2017 issue of Stereophile? Herb Reichert reviews the Hegel Mohican CD player, and compares its sound [using the built-in AKM AK4490 DAC] to using its digital output to feed a Mytek Brooklyn DAC and a Schiit Yggdrasil DAC. He is a bit more reserved here than he was in the earlier review of the Yggy, so I will leave it to the readers to draw their own conclusions. However, it is an interesting comparison.

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #19,050 of 150,992
Could Eitr be a combined product :rocket: :rocket:. An ethernet/ bluetooth / bomb ass usb isolator -> spdif / AES/EBU unit.
And AES/EBU boards to all the upgradable DACs. ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back