Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 4, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #18,496 of 150,418
Howdy @ScottFree!     Thanks for asking about my origin story......many years ago i was working as a part time school photographer,  part time billionaire son of two murdered parents, and part time newspaper reporter from Krypton.   One day i was accidentally bitten by a radioactive Three Toed Sloth and given superpowe......

Hrmm.  Ok, i'll have to work on it.

Truth be told:   I was born with three toes on one foot AND am a big fan of old school martial arts flicks.   When looking for a fun online name i did a small riff on the bruce lee movie "Fists of Fury" and VOILA!  

I have been able to incorporate my nickname into my headphone world in a fun way,   i got custom plates made for my Vmoda cans with the following custom logo....

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #18,497 of 150,418
"5 fingers of death"
"5 fingers of steel"
and of course the not famous for good reason: "18 fingers of death".
and tens if not hundreds of movies of the same genre with fist in it. the worst of all probably "the man with the iron fists" with RZA from RZA by RZA. let's hope he had fun doing it.
when I read your nickname somewhere I remember the good old days when people would kill bare handed with the noise of a whiplash at every move.

can't wait for netflix to run a 3 toes of fury mini series, it would work fine after iron fist. and maybe a rerun of shaolin soccer with you as the lead character (the one with the strong legs). ^_^

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #18,498 of 150,418
Love the handle 3 Toes!

Gotta say love my Schiit and have since my first Lyr2. Now running Yggy/Raggy/KEF LS50 from sonicTransporter. Sounds great as I stated earlier in a post. My next grasp at sonic bliss is USB from ST to Yggy AES input(right now just USB). Any thoughts on this configuration of affect of USB/AES upgrade? Much discernible sound quality upgrade?

My next question is left field-ish and probably only worth PM's if anyone is interested in responding as it is off topic but tied in, in a round-a-bout way. I've read Jason's tome as most here have with particular interest in the Amazon world. With the Schiitr opening I'm trying to be relevant to my case. My question relates to the opposite, going brick and mortar to an on-line presence.

I have a deli/restaurant  that was just invited to join Amazon/fresh in a soon to open market. We've been brick and mortar 50 years with little on-line presence aside from social media. I'm just wondering if any of my fellow Schiit Heads have experience with Amazon/fresh? Food clearly has a shelf life and distribution would be localized to our area, in other words no next-day air, no international, etc..

If anyone would share thoughts or slings and arrows I'd appreciate it. If not back to listening.

Thanks

BagelJoe

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #18,500 of 150,418
Last I remember was Late May/June timeframe. I know it was not sooner than that. (I'd love to be wrong on this one)

Thanks. If it was posted here, I didn't see it. A bit of a late starter, and I'm only up to page 1006.

I shall be patient, and wait for Vidar. :slight_smile:

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #18,502 of 150,418
Apr 4, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #18,503 of 150,418
@BagelJoe   THANKS!

@castleofargh:   hahahaha...absolutely cackled at your reply.   I'll see your "5 fingers of death" and raise you "5 deadly venoms".       I particularly got a kick out of your "man w iron fists" comments...i SO wanted to like that flick when it came out but just couldnt.  And, coincidentally, had the same thoughts as you ("lets hope he had fun doing it").  spot-on!    Now i just gotta sit by the phone and wait for the call from Netflix and Stephen Chow...bwhaahahaha.

Peace .n. "Where words fail, music speaks"  h.c.anderson

3ToF

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #18,504 of 150,418
There's no way a dutch riverboat can cross the sea.

Haha your thinking is understandable. It's a question of stability and It'll do fine. Just dont load it to deck level as the greedy dutch shipowners do. We would name it the floater.

Man is this the longest qu(vid)arter in history. So many exiting pieces to puzzle

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #18,505 of 150,418
  Love the handle 3 Toes!

Gotta say love my Schiit and have since my first Lyr2. Now running Yggy/Raggy/KEF LS50 from sonicTransporter. Sounds great as I stated earlier in a post. My next grasp at sonic bliss is USB from ST to Yggy AES input(right now just USB). Any thoughts on this configuration of affect of USB/AES upgrade? Much discernible sound quality upgrade?

My next question is left field-ish and probably only worth PM's if anyone is interested in responding as it is off topic but tied in, in a round-a-bout way. I've read Jason's tome as most here have with particular interest in the Amazon world. With the Schiitr opening I'm trying to be relevant to my case. My question relates to the opposite, going brick and mortar to an on-line presence.

I have a deli/restaurant  that was just invited to join Amazon/fresh in a soon to open market. We've been brick and mortar 50 years with little on-line presence aside from social media. I'm just wondering if any of my fellow Schiit Heads have experience with Amazon/fresh? Food clearly has a shelf life and distribution would be localized to our area, in other words no next-day air, no international, etc..

If anyone would share thoughts or slings and arrows I'd appreciate it. If not back to listening.

Thanks

BagelJoe

Beware of Amazon. Trust your gut and get some expert advice. If it sounds too good to be true, it is DEFINITELY too good to be true.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #18,506 of 150,418

Beware of Amazon. Trust your gut and get some expert advice. If it sounds too good to be true, it is DEFINATELY too good to be true.

I know nothing about this concept, whether good or bad, but my advice would be to interview other folks who own a small business and went this way.  The best advice is always from real experiences.  Good luck -
RCB

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #18,507 of 150,418

Crumpets vs strumpets.  I actually checked that.  Strumpet is a female of low report.  Crumpets is slang from the 30s for a desirable female.

So, do we want women of low repute at the Schittr (with or without desirability) or do we want desirable females that may not be of low repute?

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #18,508 of 150,418
Good Luck to Jason and Mike with their new Schiiter.  

I'm sure this will be like a breath of fresh air from all the Dealers have gone out of business by losing credibility with their customers.  The fact that the Yggy is the best F'n DAC you can buy including DACs costing 10X more, means Jason and Mike have tremendous credibility with their current customers!

Like some in this thread already said....they are scaring the hell out of the like of companies selling $100K Mono Blocks!    

I hope they are at the SoCal Can Jam this weekend i

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #18,509 of 150,418
Crumpets vs strumpets.  I actually checked that.  Strumpet is a female of low report.  Crumpets is slang from the 30s for a desirable female.

So, do we want women of low repute at the Schittr (with or without desirability) or do we want desirable females that may not be of low repute?

Oh wow. Caught ignorant of British slang. I like it.

I thought the whole gender thing was a bit askew. Did he think that they were going to serve him? But now I understand the context. And yeah, it's always nice for the place to have beautiful people hanging around. You know? :wink:

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #18,510 of 150,418
 And yeah, it's always nice for the place to have beautiful people hanging around. You know?
wink.gif

Audiophiles, though...hmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back