Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 4, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #18,512 of 149,269
BagelJoe said:
.If anyone would share thoughts or slings and arrows I'd appreciate it. If not back to listening.

Methinks this is the wrong forum for this. Amazon/fresh is certainly outside any of me own ken and kit. :wink:

Maybe a restauranteurs forum or two is available? Otherwise Amazon/fresh could very well be a Walmart type paradigm in these times. :wink: Good luck.

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #18,513 of 149,269

So long as there are few, if any, frAudiophiles, all will be well and a good time had.

I have seen a good amount of posts from you mentioning frAudiophiles. Can you please, explain the term to me? I did a very quick Google search but I wasn't able to find any useful link and it's way too late to keep digging (I really need to go to bed, like... right now).

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #18,515 of 149,269
Good Luck to Jason and Mike with their new Schiiter.  

I'm sure this will be like a breath of fresh air from all the Dealers have gone out of business by losing credibility with their customers.  The fact that the Yggy is the best F'n DAC you can buy including DACs costing 10X more, means Jason and Mike have tremendous credibility with their current customers!

Like some in this thread already said....they are scaring the hell out of the like of companies selling $100K Mono Blocks!    

I hope they are at the SoCal Can Jam this weekend i

I'm hoping Vidar has the price to performance ratio of things like the Freya, Gumby, or Yggy. It's pretty annoying to have to drop 5k a monoblock to make high end speakers sing. On one hand the amp companies have drilled in that $700 isn't going to buy an excellent amp, but on the other hand is Schiits track record. I have high expectations for the Vidar :)

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #18,516 of 149,269
The higher end amp companies have to be Schiiting themselves over Vidar. Monoblock amplifiers are priced so prohibitively that they are an obstacle to many considering higher end speakers and systems. Many that would've chosen to just stay with a home theater receiver due to cost might now decide to spring for Vidar and Freya.

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #18,517 of 149,269
 this conversation remember me my home-theater amplifier from sherbourn(now emotiva). solid build, high quality, best price, 5 indipendent amplification boards, massive transformer, etc. etc.in europe i think that only me or just few peole have this amplifier.
many people have amplifier for 5.000-10.000€ or more with low quality.i think that schiit will sell a lot of vidar but not in the houses of traditional audiophiles

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #18,518 of 149,269
I for one can't wrap my head around paying 5-10k€ for an amp, preamp, or DAC. Ideally the whole system, speakers included, would cost under 5k€, although I'm curious how the Elac Adante line of speakers will turn out.

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #18,519 of 149,269
I for one can't wrap my head around paying 5-10 centavos/roubles/yen for an amp, preamp, or DAC. Ideally the whole system, speakers included, would cost over 5,000k€, although I'm curious how the Elac Adante line of speakers will turn out.

FTFY   
L3000.gif

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #18,520 of 149,269
I'm hoping Vidar has the price to performance ratio of things like the Freya, Gumby, or Yggy. It's pretty annoying to have to drop 5k a monoblock to make high end speakers sing. On one hand the amp companies have drilled in that $700 isn't going to buy an excellent amp, but on the other hand is Schiits track record. I have high expectations for the Vidar
smily_headphones1.gif

I heard the Vidar prototypes at RMAF, with Yggy and Freya, the price to performance ratio will scare the Schiit out of fAudiophile manufacturers. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #18,521 of 149,269
I have seen a good amount of posts from you mentioning frAudiophiles. Can you please, explain the term to me? I did a very quick Google search but I wasn't able to find any useful link and it's way too late to keep digging (I really need to go to bed, like... right now).

Thanks a lot in advance :)

ORT seems to enjoy writing creatively...

I was assuming it was a combination of fraud and audiophiles; implicitly calling them out for things like judging equipment by it's price tag, etc.

Either that or it's shorthand for French Audiophiles. :wink:

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #18,522 of 149,269
The higher end amp companies have to be Schiiting themselves over Vidar. Monoblock amplifiers are priced so prohibitively that they are an obstacle to many considering higher end speakers and systems. Many that would've chosen to just stay with a home theater receiver due to cost might now decide to spring for Vidar and Freya.

I would say that's true in most cases except for the stellar products from Teddy Pardo:

https://www.teddypardo.com/amplifiers/teddyampmb100.html

Apr 5, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #18,524 of 149,269
Re: teddy pardo. Lots of talk about the power supply no mention if this is a class D amp. More expensive than Vidar and not stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back