Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 1, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #13,801 of 153,017
  Funny that you say that... I actually do have a Linear PSU for the PI:
That black box with a green light - made by Tomanek in Poland. 

Now All You have to do Is add a Freya and you will have a System Dreams are Made of.  
beerchug.gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #13,802 of 153,017
Quick update on Saga: first articles approved! They had one resistor that was the wrong value in the volume ladder, otherwise as intended. Approval is off to the assembly house, so we're just waiting on production quantities to ship.

Freya...still no first articles...the wait continues.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 1, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #13,805 of 153,017
Yeah, this is one thing you don't want to get wrong. Luckily it was at the lowest level, though.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 1, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #13,806 of 153,017

I'm betting more like 50k, 20k, 10k, 5k, 47, 1k, 500, 200, 100, 50, 20, 10, 0

"Make it louder."
*click* *click*
"Louder."
*click* *click*
"A little more"
*click* *BOOOM!*

"...that escalated quickly."

Yeah, this is one thing you don't want to get wrong. Luckily it was at the lowest level, though.

Reminds of a little ditty that I heard a while back.

Nov 2, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #13,811 of 153,017
So now that the ship date for the preamps is in November, will the Schiit introduction artwork reflect slaughtering some turkeys that make up the competition?

@Jason, would you be agreeable to adding a Schiit artwork download page? My father, a retired engineer, would like the Jesse poster for his basement workshop and I wouldn't mind an ApeSchiit one for my office.

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #13,813 of 153,017
So now that the ship date for the preamps is in November, will the Schiit introduction artwork reflect slaughtering some turkeys that make up the competition?

@Jason, would you be agreeable to adding a Schiit artwork download page? My father, a retired engineer, would like the Jesse poster for his basement workshop and I wouldn't mind an ApeSchiit one for my office.

I would absolutely love to have a Schiit poster for my man cave! 

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #13,814 of 153,017

I was wondering what the heck you were talking about but then I found these:

One of the best emails I have received was from a customer who was certain that his Valhalla was broken because the LED wouldn't turn off.  When he unplugged it and the light was still on he thought it could be possessed.  The light stays on because the capacitors in Valhalla take a VERY long time to discharge (as in days).  Opening a Valhalla that has been powered up is a unique opportunity to zap the hell out of yourself.  About a month or two after Jesse and I started working in the shop, Jesse was working on converting some Valhallas from 230v to 115v.  These units had already been burned in so the capacitors were all carrying a charge.  I'm plugging away at orders and I hear, "son of a *****."  Jesse had shocked himself.  About an hour later, "******!"  Shocked again.  Jesse has big bushy curly hair.  Each time he yelled his hair was getting bigger and bigger.  A bit later, "crap!"    We still raz him about his "near death" experience with the Valhallas.  Jason even made Jesse a special poster:

...Schiit was awesome, staff was extremely nice and friendly! Love my Schiit poster, hung it up and I got ape schiit looking at it!

This is another one:
  just another layer of animal testing, i am afraid!
2013THEShowNewport_Photo_Schiit.jpg

At least they saved the YGGDRASIL and RAGNAROK for human testing!

I really like the ape one!

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #13,815 of 153,017
I would looooove to buy/print both the Ape Schiit and Pig In Schiit posters. They are just fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back