1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
First

Back
913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922
924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933
Next

Last
  1. catspaw
    Good point.
    If I remember correctly Jason also mentioned that some of their products keep selling very well while others not so much. It could actually be an interesting exercise to see what products are selling the most and why, then see if it fits with the data that you could get from putting forum opinions into a excel.

2. KoshNaranek
    Now you can have Schiit AND Shinola

https://www.shinola.com/audio-teaser.html

3. ray-dude

I adore my Shinola wallet.  By far the best wallet I've ever had.  To keep from drifting too far, perfect place to hold the credit card I will use to order the Gimby 2  :wink:

4. Jason Stoddard
    Aaannd...a quick update on Freya first articles. 

Argh.

Bottom line: there will be a delay. The boards are the culprit. While one looked OK, and performed OK, for the show, there are some internal problems (they are 3-layer boards, and yes, they are electrically tested, but we've seen situations where electrical testing doesn't tell the whole tale, and this appears to be one of them.) 

So, we're getting replacement boards from the supplier. This will take about a week. Beyond that, things should move fairly quickly--as in, I'd still expect Freya to ship this month at this point in time. However, I've been surprised before...so we'll see.

Argh.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
  5. Muinarc

Back in my day we point-to-point wired everything and didn't have to deal with these "boards" you speak of.....

Sigh, progress right? At least once you get them down they'll be much more consistent and easier to replicate!

6. KoshNaranek

Dear Jason,

Don't Sweat it.

[​IMG]

7. Brubacca

It's a awesome that you are willing to share. Thanks for the update

8. RCBinTN
    Argh - but thanks for being transparent.  I'm sure the Freya will be worth the wait!

hornytoad likes this.
  9. Brubacca
    The Shonola TT is being done with VPI. It should be a good table.

10. belgiangenius
    I agree.  The fact that you share this information is part of what makes Schiit such an awesome company. 

It's Friday.  Everyone go drink beer.  [​IMG]

11. GrouchoMarx1933
    Just gives us more time to save up for the hit to our wallets.

12. watchnerd

Why would I buy a turntable from a wallet maker?

ray-dude likes this.
  13. GrouchoMarx1933
    I suspect that Shinola is not going to be very good, but I would be happy to be proven wrong.

14. sublime9
    3 layer boards? That is really unusual. Isn't that a lot more expensive than a 4 layer board? 

15. DivergeUnify
    How do i get the ape schiit poster?

First

Back
913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922
924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933
Next

Last