1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
First

Back
909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918
920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929
Next

Last
  1. KoshNaranek

The Pavlovian hit rate on the Schiit Website is reaching epic proportions

ray-dude likes this.
  2. bigro
    Are You standing over My shoulders? I just went to their website to check for additions to the Lineup

3. KoshNaranek

No, I am just doing the same thing

4. 45longcolt

Keep in mind it's not quite 9 a.m. here on the west coast, and it is Monday morning...
    coffee first, new products in a few...

5. Letmebefrank
    If the preamps drop today I'll be pleasantly surprised!

6. StanT

Ragnarok 2 is the only thing that will pry away my existing Ragnarok. For all it's flaws (or engineering decisions that I disagree with), the price performance of the device is stunning. My criticisms are all things you've you've heard, it's a device that really needs to sit in a rack for it's size and can't.. Can I give you my wish list?

Power switch on front? Ya, I know and I use an Isobar to get around it now.

Heat sinks that I can let hang off the back?  Mine runs 20° hotter in a rack. I'm OK with devices that run hot; but a 20° swing for taking it off the rack seems a bit much. 

100W, rather than 60? Using 92db efficient speakers, I can get ear bleed volume levels with 60W; but having a volume knob at 2 or 3 o'clock just seems wrong. I'd like more overhead.

The improved speaker/headphone switch/indicator mentioned. I can piss off my wife all by myself without cranking Van Halen through the speakers at 2am (alcohol may have been involved). A simple binary switch would be fine by me, I'll never want to run speakers and headphones at the same time.

A 12" piece of Schiit grey tape. 6" that dims the leds by 75% and 6" that does 100. Black electrical tape works for now.

I'd use and order the remote; but it isn't important to me.

Doing all of the above as an upgrade would be awesome, though unlikely.

7. JoeKickass
    Happy Halloween Everyone!

halloweenTubeDSLR.jpg

May your Schiit be imminent!

vocalstrance and Walderstorn like this.
  8. Jason Stoddard

Nope, there will be delays, as usual. I just got first articles for Saga this morning. Realistically, we're looking at next week, after qualification today and ramp-up at the PCB assembler and in-house.

Freya first articles aren't here yet; I won't speculate on timing for that until I see them.

No reason to be alarmed--just slow-going at the PCB assembler, since some critical people have been off in October. That's the way it goes.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
  9. jacal01

Modest sale of RCA black plate 6SN7 tubes right now...

10. comzee
    dmckean44 likes this.
  11. KoshNaranek

Thank you for the update Jason. Now I can relax for the next week or so.

12. bigro
    Yeah me too I was afraid my left mouse button would break by hitting refresh so much. We have been anxious for the pre amps, but I would rather it be later than expected and built right, Than Early and wrong. Also The west coast Time does not seem to matter to some of the Guys on the Schiit team, I have gotten responses to technical questions in the middle of the night, My suspicion is they have Borgs working there that need no sleep. Probably T 1000's.

Thanks for the Update Jason.

13. jsiegel14072
    Guess that was the trick!

Can't wait for the Treat!

Thanks for the update.    Good to know Murphy isn't a Zombie!

14. caenlenfromOCN
    I still vote the Schiit Fulla is the best thing in audio ever. Probably my favorite audio product I have ever purchased, I still can't believe how well it powers/plus silky sounds it gives my Fostex T50RP Mark 3's.

15. Brubacca
    @Jason Thanks for the update. Good luck with the launch.

First

Back
909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918
920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929
Next

Last