Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 23, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #9,301 of 151,008
maxresdefault.jpg

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #9,302 of 151,008
Coded my first program in high school on this...

Coded my first program in College on this...

Same here on both counts.

In my case, the high school teletype was connected to other high schools by one of the first networks.  I later read that Bill Gates was on one of the other ones in the network...

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #9,303 of 151,008
Hey, Jason, I've been a lurker in this thread for so long that I can't remember.

First, as an owner of Wyrd, Bifrost and Asgard 2, I want to thank all of you for your wonderful products. Besides how great they perform, I can't stress enough how fantastic they look. I'm a big fan of minimalist design and Schiit's ones for sure are a great example of that.

This last (I guess) 2015 chapter painted a big smile in my face and left me salivating for what we'll see in 2016, mainly due to:

Manhattan Project: I have no clue what are you cooking, but Mike's post about it for sure have left me intrigued as hell.

New 2-channel & new topology: I already decided to buy an Yggdrasil this 2016, but I also need an amp, so this new topology is great news for me. I really hope you consider offering a product that surpasses Ragnarok when it comes to output power, something like 100 W @ 8 Ohms / 200 W @ 4 Ohms would be perfect in order to connect it to almost any pair of speakers.

Best wishes for you and the rest of Schiit guys :D

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #9,304 of 151,008
  New 2-channel & new topology: I already decided to buy an Yggdrasil this 2016, but I also need an amp, so this new topology is great news for me. I really hope you consider offering a product that surpasses Ragnarok when it comes to output power, something like 100 W @ 8 Ohms / 200 W @ 4 Ohms would be perfect in order to connect it to almost any pair of speakers.

Also please make it in black, kthx.

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #9,306 of 151,008
Im sure Mike'll rush here tell us the manhattan.....

INGREDIENTS IN THE THE MANHATTAN
  1. 2 oz Canadian Rye Whiskey
  2. 1 oz Italian Sweet vermouth
  3. 5 drops Angostura Bitters
  1. Cherry
  1. Cocktail glass

HOW TO MAKE THE MANHATTAN
Add all the ingredients to a mixing glass and fill with ice. Stir well and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a cherry.

Mmmmm.... tasty!

Dec 24, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #9,307 of 151,008
Dec 24, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #9,308 of 151,008
The 2-channel amp with its new topology is definitely interesting. However, is it Magnepan-worthy?

The Manhattan Project is something I forsee wanting, but I promised myself no purchases until next winter. Besides, we don't even know what it is!

Whatever the secret is seems to be not something too small, and since it isn't a confirmed amp, and not digital, it could be an attenuator preamp or something like that. It'd make sense with the speaker amps in mind. Who knows, I'm always happy to see something new from Schiit, both due to the FAQ and the backstory Jason gives.

Also, I'm not sure if the Modibit is in the works, attempted and given up, or will never be started, but I think it'd be super neat for a $300 multibit Modi. I'm not sure if it'd sell, since the 4492 Bifrost would likely be just as good, but with a different flavour, but I know I'd get a Modibit for school use or for downstairs.
Besides, think of how FUN double sided boards would be! You've got to have some masochism in ya Mike, I'm sure of it!

Keep up another cool year, dudes!

Dec 24, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #9,309 of 151,008
Could be like a Wyrd for analog signal. Instead of attenuating the signal from an amp to speakers, it maybe something which cleans, filters and re-balances the analog signal to the speakers with perfect impedance matching.

Does something like this already exist?

Dec 24, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #9,310 of 151,008
Most likely one of the new products will be a more powerful Ragnarok-like integrated amp to test new markets. I don't expect Schiit to release high-end pre-amp + mono-blocks right away.

Dec 24, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #9,311 of 151,008
Quote from Pirakaphile
"Also, I'm not sure if the Modibit is in the works, attempted and given up, or will never be started, but I think it'd be super neat for a $300 multibit Modi. I'm not sure if it'd sell, since the 4492 Bifrost would likely be just as good, but with a different flavour, but I know I'd get a Modibit for school use or for downstairs.
Besides, think of how FUN double sided boards would be! You've got to have some masochism in ya Mike, I'm sure of it!"

for me if the MB is done right it will out perform SD so I believe Multibit Modi would out do 4492 Bifrost however would be a nice problem to have the solution would be simple upgrade the bifrost to MB or sell it and get a multibit modi

Dec 24, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #9,312 of 151,008
we wanna know more about the Manhattan Project!!!

It just blew up and left a huge hole in the SOCAL landscape that glows an eerie green at night.   
ph34r.gif

The mutating flora and fauna are expected to make their appearances depending on their gestation periods, but coming to the west coast sooner than later.   
blink.gif

Dec 24, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #9,314 of 151,008
  Could be like a Wyrd for analog signal. Instead of attenuating the signal from an amp to speakers, it maybe something which cleans, filters and re-balances the analog signal to the speakers with perfect impedance matching.

Does something like this already exist?

But they've said it operates purely in the digital realm, right? Would your suggestion fit that description?

Dec 24, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #9,315 of 151,008

Users who are viewing this thread

Back