Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 29, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #8,326 of 150,255
While the Ygg and GuMB have the higher technical resolution, the BiMB deserves both respect and good, long listening sessions for the accomplishment which it represents. This DAC provides a level of emotional engagement with recorded music far beyond the modest price charged. Now reading the design details I have better insight as to why I am so drawn to this DAC. I've spent more time with the BiMB in the first week of evaluation than I did for either the Ygg or GuMB, both spectacular accomplishments in their own rights. I will also mention that I am impressed with the channel matching (of all three MB DACs), even of the distortions measured. This may have something to contribute to the exceptional sense of space, dimension and ability to discern starting and stopping edges of sounds with such clarity and precision. Many thanks to the Schiitheads responsible for these technical marvels.

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #8,327 of 150,255
  While the Ygg and GuMB have the higher technical resolution, the BiMB deserves both respect and good, long listening sessions for the accomplishment which it represents. This DAC provides a level of emotional engagement with recorded music far beyond the modest price charged. Now reading the design details I have better insight as to why I am so drawn to this DAC. I've spent more time with the BiMB in the first week of evaluation than I did for either the Ygg or GuMB, both spectacular accomplishments in their own rights. I will also mention that I am impressed with the channel matching (of all three MB DACs), even of the distortions measured. This may have something to contribute to the exceptional sense of space, dimension and ability to discern starting and stopping edges of sounds. Many thanks to the Schiitheads responsible for these technical marvels.

Agreed.  I love the Yggy in my main system.  The Bimby is such a great DAC and I was astonished at how good it was, regardless of price.  It is very engaging and musical. 

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #8,329 of 150,255
For all you SchittHeads in the audience, here is some Hot Schiit:

The Bifrost MB sitting atop a Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson:

Wish everyone could experience this. Will do my best in my region to allow such for those seeking an extraordinary listening adventure.

Very nice setup. I plan to have a liquid carbon soon. Eventually step up to one of the big cavallis

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #8,331 of 150,255
  I too am (early) on the Liquid Carbon waiting list. I am prognosticating that the LiqCar will be the BiMB of the Cavalli line and kick sand in the face to a lot of headphone amps on the market.

I'm excited.  Looking forward to trying a different house sound in Cavalli.  I've heard such great things.  I think it'll be a great pair with the Bimby in my living room.

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #8,333 of 150,255
I'm looking forward to bimby/liquid carbon reviews. It is a better dimensional match than the Dac-19. Too bad it's silver.

On the other hand, I expect LQ+Dac-19 to be pretty stellar.

Oh many an hour will be had with that combo when it arrives, that and maybe hook up to the yggy and see.  I don't think I'll be in the first batch of LCs so there's no telling when it'll show.  I'm hoping I get before thanksgiving trip.

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #8,335 of 150,255
Mr.AtomicBob,

Rather extravagent praise there, what's making it so hot? ( that is an infrared image, isn't it?) 

Does the DAC present an equally wonderful performance from other music?

You may be the first reliable person to describe things to expect from the Multibit design. 

Can the performance of these three designs be described with any clarity?

I have the feeling that Tyll and Bob Katz kinda threw up their hands in surrender when they tried a close look at DACs.   

You may be our only hope.

Tony in Michigan

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #8,337 of 150,255
  You wearing a Schiit heating grin?

And @jimmers wins the Rock of Gibraltar along with 900 gallons of genuine Niagara Falls water.

You betcha I have a grin as you describe. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #8,338 of 150,255
  Mr.AtomicBob,

Rather extravagent praise there, what's making it so hot? ( that is an infrared image, isn't it?) 

Does the DAC present an equally wonderful performance from other music?

You may be the first reliable person to describe things to expect from the Multibit design. 

Can the performance of these three designs be described with any clarity?

I have the feeling that Tyll and Bob Katz kinda threw up their hands in surrender when they tried a close look at DACs.   

You may be our only hope.

Tony in Michigan

is there a comparison of the 3 multibits?

I am not as eloquent as many that frequent these forums but this is my take here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/785369/yggdrasil-gungnir-mb-bifrost-mb-a-terse-ribald-comparison

Users who are viewing this thread

Back