Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 17, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #7,352 of 151,046
This book is great. I bought the Kindle version and can't wait to come back here after I'm doing reading it for the updates. 

As someone who has worked in manufacturing, I can sure associate with a lot of the content. 

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #7,353 of 151,046
Quote:exacoustatowner

Funny story.  I actually bought the Asgard because of that fact.  I saw Schiit in an ad on a page and started researching and found these two guys knew what the hell was up.  I enjoyed telling my friends I had a schiit ass-guard.  

Funny thing. I started reading Norse mythology when I was 8. So Asgard was a familiar word. "Ass- Gard" never occurred to me. Now I can't Stop! Luckily I've got a Lyr and Ragnarok.

Not to wax LYRical about Schiit formfactor, I have to avert my eyes constantly as I find I continually lyr at the Lyr.

Aug 19, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #7,355 of 151,046
Hey all,

I've been a bit busier than usual with the launch of the new products, but I do intend to have a chapter for you this week. I expect it'll be Thursday before it goes up, though.

After that, it's back to the every-2-weeks schedule (I hope).

Beyond that, do you have any other suggestions for what you'd want to hear about? The measurement chapter was a lot of fun!

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 19, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #7,356 of 151,046
I would be very interested in the design challenges and choices made in the trickle down of the multibit tech to the Gungnir, especially any challenges in making it work in the existing form factor.  Same for the Mjolnir2, and the LISST (Schiit Lisst, dang!).  If you can touch on any further trickle down of the multibit tech to the smaller form factors (i.e. Bifrost), challenges, choices, etc, I would be very interested in this as well.  This just seems like really interesting design work - fitting new tech into an existing space that was designed before the new tech was designed seems pretty cool stuff.

Aug 19, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #7,357 of 151,046
To follow up on the measurement chapter I'd like to know to what you listen and how you listen to your products as you develop them.  They say audio memory is poor at best and reproducing exactly the same conditions (volume, distances, etc) is harder still.  How do you overcome this when listening to changes in design that may or may not cause changes in audio response?

Aug 19, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #7,358 of 151,046
I'd like a whole chapter on the [REDACTED] and why it still has the on/off switch on the back and NO remote.    
blink.gif

Aug 19, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #7,359 of 151,046
  I would be very interested in the design challenges and choices made in the trickle down of the multibit tech to the Gungnir, especially any challenges in making it work in the existing form factor.

I will be happy to take this portion on as soon as I return home by next Monday.............

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 19, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #7,363 of 151,046
After that, it's back to the every-2-weeks schedule (I hope).
There you go making promises again! Watch out for flipped tables when/if you're late :tongue_smile:

Beyond that, do you have any other suggestions for what you'd want to hear about? The measurement chapter was a lot of fun!
I just assume you're going to do an article (or articles) on your newest products, so I'm mainly waiting for that.

What about doing a chapter on transducers? I know you guys don't have make them, but it might be fun hearing what you like, what you think is cool, and where you think the market is going. You business is tied to them, after all...

Aug 19, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #7,364 of 151,046
  To follow up on the measurement chapter I'd like to know to what you listen and how you listen to your products as you develop them.  They say audio memory is poor at best and reproducing exactly the same conditions (volume, distances, etc) is harder still.  How do you overcome this when listening to changes in design that may or may not cause changes in audio response?

I’d be very interested in this, too. As an example of another small audio company - Audio by Van Alstine developed a box to instantaneously compare level matched components when they’re desging new gear - I’d be curious on the Schiit listening process...

Aug 19, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #7,365 of 151,046

It seems to me that Schiity product improvements will be appreciated only by a smaller and smaller group of the golden-eared variety as time goes on. I don't think I'm in that group, which is good for my budget, but will there be a point at which a particular product just does not need to be updated anymore because there is nothing more to be gained?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back