Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 25, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #2,896 of 150,358
Beta Testing , 

The little headphone Manufacturers are seeming to get on the Bandwagon of sending out pre-release Beta product to us Head-Fi hobbyists , presumably resulting in a little review posting on sites like this , I get the impression that the Manufacturers trust us Hobbyists more than they rely on traditional Professional Reviewers , a few honest comments probably go a long way in creating a good Buzz amongst serial buyers of this kind of merchandise .  
  I for one , will put my name in the hat for the new Sennheiser HD800 mk2 pre-evaluation offering , if one comes about !  
  One more win for the Internet Channel .  

Tony in Michigan 

ps. there-in may be a useful solution to my MSB DAC problem :  don't worry , it's a Beta Test Sample .  See , problem worked out well , after all . 

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #2,898 of 150,358
Damn enough with the marriage counseling already, everyone's relationship is different and no one here has the right to voice their opinion of someone else's marriage.  

Sep 26, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #2,899 of 150,358
  Damn enough with the marriage counseling already, everyone's relationship is different and no one here has the right to voice their opinion of someone else's marriage.  

+100
or
+1000

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #2,900 of 150,358

The Mani, Schiit's phono preamp, should be out this year.

That is awesome news.
Now all I have to do is sell some recording studio time to fund the Ygg and Rag and sell the VTL at some point.

...and one thing I forgot in my previous post.
5) "Measures flat frequency response"
I had my ears tested recently (work requirement). The response is definitely way more lumpy than the average road through the African Jungle.
May have to do with: Working as a DJ as a teen, addiction to HiFi, Playing electric Guitar in a band and standing next to the snare drum, starting to play bass.
I have not a lot of high frequency left. But there are some frequencies that really grate, maybe the ear/brain is (over)compensating.
Unfortunately when my wife tries to sing she can always find that frequency. Possibly because she always uses "head voice" so its a bit squeaky at best.
(I hate sopranos usually too). I will have to teach her to use chest voice (which she has a more than adequate chest for). But she could not hit a note if she had a baseball bat.
I now have tinnitus too.
So my idea of what sounds good is unlikely to match perfectly flat and may be the inverse of a spotty teenagers view. Although we probably both like to feel the bass.

Tonight I am going to try Gungnir in the studio and probably compare the USB & SPDIF outputs (can have the same source routed to both and switch)

Was probably a good thing that the DAC in a toilet roll idea was Schitt-canned.

Sep 30, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #2,902 of 150,358
Many thanks to the great customer service at Schiit Audio.
Loving my Lyr 2 and Uber Bifrost. 

Funny, had the one of the first Lyr and Bifrost.  Now they both are upgraded. Nice. 

Sep 30, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #2,903 of 150,358
All I need right now is Mani to complete my 6 pieces of Schiit on the desk.  Looks like it will be on display at rmaf, so hoping good news in the future

https://www.audiofest.net/2014/attending/2014-products/?keyword=schiit&pages=10

Sep 30, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #2,904 of 150,358
Hey all, sorry for the late notice, but I'll have to skip the chapter this week—things are just a little too crazy heading into Rocky Mountain Audio Fest/CanJam. Hope to see you there!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 30, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #2,905 of 150,358
  Hey all, sorry for the late notice, but I'll have to skip the chapter this week—things are just a little too crazy heading into Rocky Mountain Audio Fest/CanJam. Hope to see you there!

Darnit..... 
popcorn.gif

Sep 30, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #2,906 of 150,358
Have a great time at the convention, I eagerly await the announcements from you guys. Can't wait to see what you've been working on beside Ragnarok.
L3000.gif

Sep 30, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #2,907 of 150,358
What launching the "end of the world" and a small audio get together causing issues. :p

Hope you guys have a great RMAF! Here's to hoping for some surprise Schiit!

Oct 1, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #2,909 of 150,358

Hope you guys have a great RMAF! Here's to hoping for some surprise Schiit!

Well if you look at the prizes to be won, under Schiit there is one which cannot be listed as it will be revealed at CanJam.

Yes, its name and description were leaked for a while. :p  I look forward to see the actual image of that thing tho.

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #2,910 of 150,358

My week has been officially ruined.  Now I know what anticipation feels like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back