Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 7, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #1,021 of 149,556

There was a company, I think Blue Circle Audio or something like that, from Canada, who used to put products in short lengths of black ABS pipe and just fill up the ends with silicone from a tube. For variety, they'd put an amp in a purse, or amps in a pair of womens' pumps. Wonder if they're still around?

Yep,
I spoke to Gilbert from Blue Circle at AXPONA 2 weeks ago. Bought one of his PLC things which amazingly good.

May 7, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #1,024 of 149,556
  So, what happened to your friend who was a 1st camera assistant? You just told us how your boss became your best friend...

He's still my friend (although I became closer friends with the cinematographer), but he's also still a 1st Camera Assistant, for the past 20 years or so... Which is why I say it's really impossible to "work up" and that you need UNI or somehow be self taught. It's not the kind of career you can learn on the job with unless you want to screw up the shoot.

May 7, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #1,025 of 149,556
There is something so poetic about a toilet paper roll product from a company named Schiitt.
smily_headphones1.gif

I am speechless !!!!!

May 8, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #1,028 of 149,556

There was a company, I think Blue Circle Audio or something like that, from Canada, who used to put products in short lengths of black ABS pipe and just fill up the ends with silicone from a tube. For variety, they'd put an amp in a purse, or amps in a pair of womens' pumps. Wonder if they're still around?

Yup... http://www.bluecircle.com/page81.html

Loved it!!!

Where can I get one? :)~

May 8, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #1,029 of 149,556
May 8, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #1,030 of 149,556
  Once you’re on the take, you don’t get off. And then the bank comes in and starts dictating what you should sell, and when.

No, thanks.

To the point. Thats exactly why I always kept banks out of my business and life.

Regarding the whole story: Simply fascinating to see a business come together...

May 8, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #1,031 of 149,556
I think Jason has figured a marketing style that could be the future of marketing as we know it:
Stay in touch with your consumers. Not by hireing someone to do that. No, you, the guy who make the schiit, will find time to stay in contact with your consumers.
I can tell you guys, thats an exhausing job. 

Without a doubt its very nice to read about a story like this. I know I had a project once that I wanted to market, but I was totally scared that it would fail. Nice to see some people have the balls go on with their dreams. Kinda keeps my hopes up!

May 8, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #1,033 of 149,556
They never actually made the toilet paper DAC from what it sounds like. I think Mike just suggested it to keep it cheap. The ones in ABS tubes are linked on the previous pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back