Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 12, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #451 of 150,605
Ahhhhh. . .so that's where Amazon got the blemished units they sell at a discount. 
wink_face.gif

Love the stories and always eagerly awaiting the next chapter. I am glad you guys didn't give up when the going got tough. Otherwise, I wouldn't have my AG2 that I can't get enough of. 
k701smile.gif

Thank you.
Dave

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #452 of 150,605
  Ahhhhh. . .so that's where Amazon got the blemished units they sell at a discount. 
wink_face.gif

Love the stories and always eagerly awaiting the next chapter. I am glad you guys didn't give up when the going got tough. Otherwise, I wouldn't have my AG2 that I can't get enough of. 
k701smile.gif

Thank you.
Dave

Yep, that and customer returns--all are sold on Amazon as "B stock" by us.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 12, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #453 of 150,605

Yep, that and customer returns--all are sold on Amazon as "B stock" by us.

and i've taken advantage of this myself, and probably will again, and again !

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #458 of 150,605
Completely awesome, Jason!! 
First you guys make a hell of a schiit... now you provide a novel for entertrainment.  Bring it more!!!
popcorn.gif

Thanks!

Mar 13, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #459 of 150,605
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As Mike says, “Bringing a product to market is like screwing a gorilla. You aren’t done until the gorilla’s done.”

eek.gif
Wow. I'm seconding that line as the Awesome Schiit Quote Of The Week.

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #460 of 150,605
I'd like Schiit to make a portable DAC/amp. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #461 of 150,605
I'd like Schiit to make a portable DAC/amp. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

That's not going to happen! I remember Jason saying that they don't want to deal with the batteries and all the hoops you have to jump through to sell products with them.

Mar 13, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #462 of 150,605
That's not going to happen! I remember Jason saying that they don't want to deal with the batteries and all the hoops you have to jump through to sell products with them.

I kinda expected that to be honest. Shame though. The free exposure when people are out in public with Schiit in their pockets and Schiit in their hands would be valuable. Never mind. I'll own Schiit someday.

Mar 13, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #463 of 150,605
I think the gorilla is screwing you if you find yourself in that situation! not the other way around...
L3000.gif

What happened at the trade show...I wanna know!

Mar 14, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #464 of 150,605
Tune in next wednesday for the next action packed episode full of moist brown that you'll love to read and share with your friends.

I wonder if Jason and purrin would.make a good double.

Jason's gear augmented with purrin's toilet paper mods.

Mar 14, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #465 of 150,605
Was it possible to get some form of restitution from the original metal suppliers ? The thought of them delivering a production run of vastly lower quality than the sample is appalling. I mean, why even bother with getting a sample made, if they are entitled to provide whatever quality they like at delivery ?

It sounds as though you kept that metal and built them up as "B Stock", but I hope the metal house at least gave you a substantial discount - I'm guessing these chassis were used as there was no "return for full refund" forthcoming ...

Edit: In fact, I'm guessing the idea of "return for full refund" is so alien to the inter-manufacturer dynamic, that you might still be laughing at the naively of this consumer. :flushed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back