Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 5, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #421 of 151,801

Hahaha...Sorry Jason, your face is now my Avatar. 
biggrin.gif

I've created a monster. 
eek.gif

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #423 of 151,801
  Chapter 6:
The First Order Is…For Something We’re Not Selling

Awesome. I got several L.O.L. moments from this chapter.

>> This is what you call “ego talking.”

In the software world, we call that vaporware. It sounds good, but it doesn't exist.

>> And, wouldn’t you know it…the first order we got was for a Valhalla.

That's just Murphy's Law. Are you Irish by any chance?

>> (And yeah, I know, you thought there were payoffs and backroom deals going on here. Sorry to disappoint you.)

Well, um, no. I wasn't around at the time, but this thought never occurred to me.

>> “And whose idea was it to do those pre-order Valhallas?” she shot back.

Note: Ladies are really good at pointing stuff like that out to men. I do not know why.

>> Mike groaned. “It might be good if you want to print your music.”

ROFLCOPTER.

>> And, in the evening, we built. Because the orders were coming in. Lisa stuffed and soldered boards, I tested and assembled them, and she shipped them the next day after burning in overnight. We could, full-out, assemble about 10 Asgards a day. Of course, most days weren’t full-out.

This woman is your true friend. Really. Her name needs to be printed on the circuit boards. She should be in your will.

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #424 of 151,801
Jason, something you may have forgotten regarding lessons in website design: when you guys used to have new product pages done and live on the website but not linked yet and people would manually change the product number on the url to try to sniff out new products... and it worked! Talk about thunder being stolen.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #425 of 151,801
Jason, something you may have forgotten regarding lessons in website design: when you guys used to have new product pages done and live on the website but not linked yet and people would manually change the product number on the url to try to sniff out new products... and it worked! Talk about thunder being stolen.

HAHA! Thats awesome... 
beerchug.gif

Maybe there is a 1000 watts per channel THOR out there...

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #428 of 151,801

Yep, the new site makes that impossible, ha! Even if you guess the name.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 5, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #429 of 151,801

Yep, the new site makes that impossible, ha! Even if you guess the name.

Aww, cmon!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back