Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 26, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #391 of 151,880
I know the firm you're talking about. Something something silicon
Luckily I never put money down on them but do have 5 crowd funded audio products coming in shortly. Must admit they do have an addictive quality to them.

Lastly I am not a Schiit owner but thank you for your time and effort to publish this. Great reading material.

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #392 of 151,880
Fun to read - even for a non native speaker!

What I like best is your conclusion (or better said the wording: "A race to the bottom helps nobody. Don't benchmark yourself into mediocrity! "

That made it into my personal top ten !

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #394 of 151,880
  you had to bring up that "ass guard"

smile.gif
 yeah, true. And, BTW, "Vali" written with russian characters means "get the ****** out"...

P.S. The whole book (I mean published articles) is so cool - there are sense of hunor, professionalism and real life view combined in it - rare combination.

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #395 of 151,880

smile.gif
 yeah, true. And, BTW, "Vali" written with russian characters means "get the ****** out"...

Must be the weekend so here goes (yes, its a little out of step with the thread content so my apologies)...Vali in Indian mythology was the name of a powerful monkey king in the jungle who decimated his rivals pretty nonchalantly.... I am sure this is what Schiit had in mind right ? 
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #396 of 151,880
  Must be the weekend so here goes (yes, its a little out of step with the thread content so my apologies)...Vali in Indian mythology was the name of a powerful monkey king in the jungle who decimated his rivals pretty nonchalantly.... I am sure this is what Schiit had in mind right ? 
biggrin.gif

Sounds like that monkey should chill out and upgrade his DAC to a Bifrost and get a nice cold Lassi, 
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #398 of 151,880
  Sounds like that monkey should chill out and upgrade his DAC to a Bifrost and get a nice cold Lassi, 
biggrin.gif

Ummm..... He was a king; waiting for his Yggdrassil and Ragnarok
smily_headphones1.gif

I would think that he was waiting for Shiva. Maybe the next Schiit should break tradition and be named, "Vishnu." Then the product announcement could be made in the Pink City and be blessed by an Elephant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back